Chapter XXIII

3rd Person's perspective

When (Y/n) was done treating Gen's wounds, She heard footsteps coming towards them. She looked outside and saw the four citizens of the kingdom of science with the two brothers who guard the bridge.

"I'm gonna go greet them." She excused herself and rushed to their side.

"Welcome back, you four!" She exclaimed. Then, she looked over to the brothers and smiled at them. "You too, Kinro-San, Ginro-San."

The brothers were not expecting the greeting from the female scientist. Then, for a moment there, she coughed, covering her mouth, making all of them worry.

"Oi, (Y/n)---" Senku got cut off.

"I'm fine!" She said between coughs, pushing them away. "I'm used to it." She stopped coughing. "a-anyway, Kohaku." She called, catching the girl's attention. "I'm---"

"No." The male scientist said, not even letting the female finish her sentence. "Just . . . No. You're not allowed to join the Grand bout."

'Crap, How did he know?' She flinched. "But---"

"Still no." He exclaimed. "Chrome, go with her."

"O-okay."

"Nuuuu, Google, don't go along with his schemes!" She exclaimed while being dragged by the brunette scientist.

"Come on."

"Aren't you a little harsh on her?" Kohaku asked, knocking Senku's head lightly. 

"I'm not saying I'm not." Senku said, picking his ear with his pinky. He sighed. "I can't let anything happen to her like what happened last night." He said, imagining the worst case possible if Gen didn't pull her out of the way.

===========================

Kohaku was Training the two guards, preparing them for the event next month.

The sun was already setting.

Senku and Suika were both looking for firewood.

The brothers were still training with the strongest female.

Chrome and (Y/n) was in the shed with Gen, looking at the people in training.

"Too shallow!" She exclaimed, swiftly swinging her covered swords to the two. "Do you really think you can defeat Magma like that?" 

Ginro shouted, running away. "Let's take a break!"

"Not yet!" Kinro exclaimed, backing up in defense. "Finish three more sets first!"

"Hold it!" Kohaku exclaimed. She stopped for a moment and glanced at the two who were spacing out inside the shed.

"Chrome." Kohaku called, getting both the scientists' attention. "I'd really prefer to train you more than anyone." She said. "But Kinro and Ginro are the only ones who have the chance of defeating Magma. I'm sorry."

"Hey, Kohaku~" (Y/n) called in a sing-song voice. " What about me?" She pointed at herself.

"No." She said. "I'll train you once you get cured." She smiled.

"Yo, Chrome!" Senku called. "She's being all sorry about our plan to get Kinro or Ginro to marry Ruri because you're in love with her!" He smirked in a sinister manner.

Kohaku deadpanned. "You're as brutal as ever." She muttered.

"Chrome was having flashbacks of him and Ruri in a flower field while she was coughing. And the promise he made to cure her. Then, he smiled. "Yeah, I'm totally cool with that." Chrome replied, getting out of the shed, leaving (Y/n) with Gen. "I can ask for nothing more than the cure-all science drug to save Ruri so she can have a good life." He exclaimed with a determined look on his face. "I'm the genius sciencer, after all."