𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐜𝐮𝐭

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓. It was thin, but still quite breathable. It also had a built in Jacket, which meant she'd be encountering some type of weather elements

"I think you'll be encountering tropics or maybe a desert, so prepare for the heat sweetie," Victoria said softly as another tear slipped down Adeline's cheek. Victoria wiped it away. 

"Remember Adeline, you are more than you think you are. I believe you will walk out of that arena. I know you can do this. Do it for your district, for your family, for me. You're an apostrophe, a symbol to remind them that there's more to see," Victoria said, looking her dead in the eye. She pulled Adeline into a tight hug, before releasing her and helping her into the glass tube.

"Goodbye," was all Adeline could muster out, she was more scared than she had ever been in her life. She held onto the moment as long as closed, and closed her eyes as she thought this might be her last peaceful moment in her short lifetime. Then, the tube started to move, and Adeline looked up, and she found herself in surrounded by a barren wasteland. 

The countdown begun. 

Adeline looked around and managed to spot Phillip a few tributes to her right. His eyes met hers as she nodded towards the cornucopia in the center of the tributes. He nodded, and she brought her eyes back to the cornucopia. Then, a gunshot went off.