𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

chapter eight: third time's a charm

──────────── 

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐙 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍. She flipped through the news, wanting to see if the new headlines were just gossip or something actually intelligent. They never were though. Many broadcasts today were just ads for the reaping and such, as today was the 68th annual Hunger Games reaping. Adeline frowned, they always made the reapings such a big deal, and she was starting to get more annoyed each time she watched them. 

Adeline sighed, looking out the window as she remembered what President Snow had told her a few days go, after her seventeenth birthday. A tear slipped down her cheek, and she felt as if she had been defeated already. 

"Now, Adeline, I've given you a grace period of an extra year due to your brother's reaping, but you will meet with clients now, okay?"

"Only if you leave Caspian and Opal out of it"

"As you so desire"

"Then deal"

Adeline brushed the tear away, she would deal with it later. The suddenly felt the urge to call Finnick, but she pushed it back, reminding herself that she'd sadly be seeing him soon. But while she did feel Snow had tightened her leash even more, President Snow seemed quite wary around her, as if he wanted to tranquilizer so she wouldn't lash out at him.