𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆. Adeline's head rested of her husband's shoulder, their hands intertwined as Katniss spoke. "In the first games, I thought you were trying to help the Careers," Katniss spoke in the darkness, and Adeline opened one eye as she adjusted her eyes to the dim lighting. "After that I always saw you as an Ally," she continued.

"Friend, lover, Victor, fiancé, enemy, target, mutt. And now ally? Yeah, I'll ad that to the list of words I use to try and figure you out," Peeta snapped at her, causing Adeline to feel Finnick slightly tense up. "I'm sorry. I just can't tell what's real and what's made up anymore."

"Then ask," Finnick spoke up, and Adeline nodded. "It's what Annie did." "Ask who?" Peeta asked.

 "Us. We're you're unit now," Jackson answered him.

The room went silent for a few moments, and Adeline felt immense sadness go through her body, as her friend was battling himself. His pain was mental, and not physical like Adeline's. He would never go back to being the old Peeta, he could only try to continue on. 

"Your favorite color is green," Peeta spoke, looking at Katniss. "Is that real?" "Yeah, that's real," Katniss replied. "Yours is orange. Not bright orange. Soft, like the sunset," she ended.