Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Leaving Home

The Hidden World, also known as our home

The Hidden World, also known as our home. The beautiful florescent lights covering the spirals, the many open spaces to fly and play around, and the supply of fish to eat, who wouldn't want to stay?

"(Y/N)! get up, lets play!!" your brother, pouncer, was pouncing on you as your sister and brother, Dart and Ruffrunner kept pushing you off your rock bed. you groaned in annoyance and turned over to your other side, making your brother fall off of you.
"Now I see why mom and dad called you Pouncer you eel," you mumbled trying to fall back asleep.
"Rude!" Pouncer stuck his tongue out at you while you chuckled.
"Anyways, lets go play hide and seek!" Dart got into a playful position and ran around. Ruffrunner and Pouncer nodded and play fought with each other.

"Again? We already know all the small corners and hidden platforms here," you asked tilting your head.
"Yeah, but we know a super secret hidden spot where you cannot ever find us in!" Pouncer piped up.
"Oh really?" You asked with a teasing grin on your face. Your siblings can't keep a secret even if they lose a tail wing.

"Yeah, it's above the open doo-" Ruffrunner blurted out before Dart and Pouncer covered his mouth.
"Don't say anything Ruff!!" Dart whispered. This made you laugh as you four heard the sound of roaring, an alpha roaring.

"Hey, mom and dad are here," you said to yourself getting up from your spot, stretching your limbs as your siblings gasped and smiled, seeing your mom and dad flying towards us.
"Mom!! Dad!!" They shouted pushing each other as your parents landed in front of them, smiling and holding some fish in their mouths.

"Hello little ones, we have lunch," your mom said, dropping the fish so your siblings could eat. They started to fight over the food as your dad gave you some.
"Hey (Y/N), hows it going?" He asked, swishing his tail, showing his fake tail wing.
"I'm fine I guess," you shrugged eating the fish. He didn't looked convinced, but dropped it and nodded.
"Okay, but if you have anything in your mind, just tell us ok?" He asked. You nodded and walked off to fly around.

Year after year you've been in this hidden world, you feel a little dull. Always the same colors, always the same dragons, always the same places you go. And you're tired of it. Sure it's your home you were raised in, but deep inside, you feel like there's more places you need to see.

You landed on the platform where the sun streamed in and looked up to see the entrance hole where the outside is. You were told by many dragons to never go there, that it was dangerous and it's safer here. Only being 16 it makes sense to be told that, but come on, you're gonna die of boredom if you stay here any longer.

"If only I could out," you mumbled to yourself. Laying down on your side and closing your eyes as other dragons flew around above you.
"All you could've do is asked," your eyes flew open and you jumped up as your dad chuckled and grinned.
"Dad! You scared me! So much for dragon senses,... wait what?" You trailed off and turned to him in confusion.

"Well, since you're 16, you could have permission of going outside, and seeing other places besides here," he said still grinning. You were dumbfounded. Was he really letting you go so easily? There's gotta be a catch to this. He and mom was always so protective with you and your siblings, considering him being alpha and all.

"You're being nice, what's the catch of me doing this?" You asked suspiciously. He laughed and got up.
"There's no catch, I was thinking and maybe your old enough to take care of yourself, now I don't mean you leading the Hidden World, but old enough to go out," he said. Your heart squeezed and you began to smile.
"Really?" He nodded.

You began to jump around and purr happily.
"Oh thank you thank you thank you so much dad, you're really the best," you hugged his as he hugged back.
"I just forgot to tell your mother" he mumbled.

"Uh oh,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you remember your flying strategy when out flying someone?"

"Yes,"

"And you know how to turn invisible?"

"Yep, you taught me"

"And you know how to defend yourself if some creature tries and-"

"Mom! I'll be okay" you smiled at her. When you and your dad told her, she went a little crazy about the thought of her child leaving her home, but then came around, though still hesitant.
"I know honey, I just don't want what happen with your father and I happen to you" she sighed and rubbed her head against mine.
"Don't worry, I'll try and not be so love stricken," you teased bumping your dad, making him flustered.

"Hey if you saw what she was like long ago, you would fall in love too!" He defended, making you and your mother laugh.
"Whatever you say dad, I'll go say bye to the little trio," you say, referring your your siblings as they looked at you with saddened eyes.
"You come back and visit us right?" Dart pleaded. You smiled and licked her head.

"I promise Dart, I love you guys too much to do that," you said. Ruffrunner grabbed your hind leg and nuzzled it.
"I'm gonna miss you big sis! Don't forget that I'm your favorite brother!" He said.
"Hey!!" Pouncer yelled.
"Don't worry Pouncer, I cherish you all equally," you said before turning to Ruffrunner and mouthed 'you are' and walked off.

Pouncer looked at you with tears in his eyes and hugged you.
"Don't forget us ok (Y/N)?" He whispered. You had tears too as you hugged back.
"I'll never forget my family," you say. Dart and Ruffrunner tackles you into a hug.
"Aw, guys don't do this, it'll make me regret it," you say.
"That's the plan," Ruffrunner said in tears.

"Ok you three, let your sister go see the outside," you mom pushed them off as you got up.
"Remember (Y/N), if you get hurt, I'll kill your father," your mom warned you. That made you laugh and your dad shivered.
"I'll try not to, for dad's sake." You said opening your wings to fly up. You looked back on me more time to see other dragons and your family looking at you and smiling. You dad nodded at you as you smiled back to turned, flying away up into the entrance.

You closed you eyes for impact, and though you're eyelids you could see light. You open them and see the sun rising and water surrounding the Hidden World.
"Woah..." you whispered, then flying south as your dad told you to.

I guess I don't wanted to stay.

Back inside the dragons roared and cheered. Your mom looked at the entrance worriedly as your dad came up to her.
"I'm really concerned of her being alone after all this time Toothless." She said to him, resting her head against him.
"Don't worry Light, what did the humans do so advanced after we vanished?" He asked jokingly.

You just gotta jinx it didn't you Toothless?