Chapter 1

Sarah was exhausted. Physically and mentally. It was her last day at her summer placement job with the Toronto-based newspaper and boy, she couldn't wait to get home.

Her boss came by her empty desk to wish her employee a goodbye.

"You did a really good job here." Her boss told her. "If ever need a job, even something part-time, let me know. I would love to hire you again."

Sarah thanked her, wishing her the best as she walked out the office. She headed to the elevator, pressing the button that would take her to the lobby.

She handed in her ID card to the security guard at the desk in the lobby. He said goodbye to her, wishing her the best of luck in the future.

"Thank you." Sarah said back to him, wearing a small smile. She made her way to the exit of the building.

She looked at her phone, the time reading 5:37 pm. Great, rush hour time. Her negative thoughts subsided as she smiled at her new phone wallpaper, NCT's Jaehyun.

Sarah was a fan. Not a crazy obsessive one, but one that watched their videos in her spare time and followed their social media accounts. She knew all their names and listened to their songs, but she would never comment or fangirl to any of her friends, keeping it a secret to herself. In a way, NCT was her guilty pleasure.

She walked out of the glass building, headquarters of the newspaper company. The sun shone brightly, blinding her, so she took her sunglasses out of her purse, putting them on. She turned around to look at the building one last time before walking towards the subway station.

Sarah had one more week of summer left before school started again. She had no idea how she was going to spend it, but she knew it involved resting and rejuvenating.

She sighed as she saw how packed the subway station was. Downtown Toronto was the worst during rush hour, although, not as bad as New York or South Korea. She tapped her card as she entered the station, walking through the gates. She made her way underground, walking towards the subway platform.

It was that moment when she stepped off the escalator when she noticed him, staring at the subway map, clearly lost and confused. He kept checking his phone, but she knew there would be no use as there was no service underground. He wore a jean jacket that covered his white t-shirt, which was tucked into his black ripped jeans. On his feet were white sneakers. He only wore one of the straps of his black backpack on his right shoulder. He wore a black cap, hiding his hair and face, but Sarah had watched his videos enough times to recognize him.

It was NCT's Mark Lee.

———————————————————————————
Tbh Mark isn't my bias but boy is he my bias wrecker. This man's giggles just give me life *cries*