Chapter 10

The two young adults walked out of the aquarium. Sarah smiled as she turned around, watching the small stingray plush keychain swing on Mark's bag. The same item was also on Sarah's bag, a gift from Mark for helping him experience the "once in a lifetime opportunity of touching a stingray." Sarah had tried to convince him that it wasn't necessary, but the second she turned around, Mark had already purchased the two and clipped it onto her bag.

"Hungry?" Sarah asked the boy behind her. Mark nodded, rubbing his stomach as it growled. The sound made the two of them chuckle. Sarah guided Mark along the sidewalk.

"Are those trains?!" Mark exclaimed as he saw the trains on display outside. He quickly glanced at Sarah, who gave him a quick nod, before running towards the the trains. He took his phone out, taking pictures of them.

"Wow, I did not expect to see this in Toronto" Mark told her, turning back to the girl who was slowly making her way to him.

"What can I say, Toronto has many surprises." She responded with a smile.

...

"Toronto has a Music Garden?" Mark exclaimed, looking at the sign. The two enjoyed lunch at a German restaurant and walked along Toronto's waterfront. Sarah had brought Mark to Toronto's Music Garden, a place she thought the singer would enjoy.

"Yeah, let's join the tour." Sarah said, pulling Mark's arm as they joined the group. The tour brought them through the gardens, each section corresponding to a dance movement. The one they were at now was Bach's Suite No. 1 in G Major for unaccompanied cello, BWV 1007. Mark was simply in awe with the scenary. As the tour ended, the guide led the group to a patch of grass where the two young adults sat, listening to the concert. When the musicians finished their performance, the two applauded loudly along with the rest of the audience.

"Did you like it?" Sarah asked the boy what had stayed seated while the people around them stood up.

"Yeah, I'm really amazed to be honest." Mark said, leaning his head in his hands. He couldn't believe the amount that he had seen all day, from the CN Tower, to the aquarium, to the music garden. It was all so well planned.

Upon seeing Mark's position, Sarah had leaned closer, full of concern for the boy.

"Are you okay?" Sarah asked, trying to meet his eyes. Mark looked up to reassure her, but Sarah's face was a lot closer than he expected, surprising both of them. Sarah tried to jump back, but ended up falling down instead.

"I think I should ask you that." Mark said, reaching out his hand with a chuckle. Sarah grabbed it, letting Mark pull her up.

"I thought you were going to pass out." Sarah told him as she dusted off her pants. Mark shook his head.

"I'm just happy." He said, giving her a small smile. Sarah took out her phone, checking the time. Suddenly, Mark felt a tap on his shoulder, and a moment of panic filled his body. Did a fan recognize me? He turned around to see an older male holding his phone.

"Sorry, can you take a photo of me and my family with the garden?" He asked Mark. Mark smiled, taking the phone.

"Sure." Mark said, taking a step back as the male posed with his family.

"1, 2, 3, smile!" Mark called out, taking a photo. Mark smiled as he gave the phone back to the male.

"I hope it turned out alright." Mark said to him.

"Thank you so much." The older male said to him with a smile as he saw the photo.

"Would you like me to take a picture of you and your girlfriend?" He asked Mark, pointing to Sarah. Sarah was surprised at the question.

"We're not-" Sarah started but Mark's words cut her off.

"Sure." Mark said, handing the male his phone as he dragged Sarah to where the family stood before. The two awkwardly posed for the photo.

"Thank you!" Mark said, taking his phone back. He turned to see Sarah avoiding his eyes.

"We have one more stop." Sarah told him, walking ahead to hide the blush on her cheeks.

"What is it?" Mark asked, running to catch up with her.

"You'll see when we get there." Sarah responded with a smile.

...

"First trains, now ships?" Mark said as he looked at the sea. The two young adults were aboard a ship, enjoying a dinner cruise.

"Pretty nice, isn't it?" Sarah said, looking out as well, wind blowing through her hair. Mark turned to look at the girl.

"If this is the first day, I wonder what else you have planned." Mark said, gaining her attention.

"Don't expect too much, I played all the good cards today." Sarah told him, a grin on her face. A waiter had arrived, so they turned their attention to their food.

"Wait, let me take a picture first." Sarah said as Mark lifted his fork. He put it down, letting her take a picture of the food.

"You don't normally take pictures of food." Mark pointed out. Sarah looked up, giving him a glare.

"It's not everyday that I get to experience a feast on a ship." Sarah replied, snapping a photo with her phone. Once she was satisfied she put her phone down.

"Wait, I want to take one too." Mark said, aiming his phone at Sarah.

"Why am I in it?" Sarah asked him, noticing his odd camera angle.

"Because I want to get the view." Mark told her, taking a photo of the Sarah, the sun setting behind her, making the girl glow.

"Should I move away then?" Sarah asked, leaning away. Mark shook his head.

"Stay in the photo." Mark said, smiling to himself as he took another picture.

...

"Let me know when you get home, okay?" Mark said, getting into his manager's car.

"Okay, I will." Sarah said, waving to Mark as they drove away. Once they left her sight, she put her hand over her chest. Surely, she wasn't falling for NCT's Mark Lee, was she?

...

Mark smiled to himself as he lied in his bed, staring at the photos he took that day. His phone buzzed, signalling that he got a message. He opened it up, his smile growing as he saw the name on his phone.

Sarah
I'm home so you can sleep now :)

———————————————————————————

Mark is really cute :)