Chapter 14

"Hey, do you like horror movies?" Mark suddenly asked Sarah.

"I mean, I don't hate them." Sarah told him. Mark quickly grabbed the remote, searching for a movie.

"The Conjuring?" Sarah asked, reading the title. Mark nodded.

"I watched it a long time ago with some of my members, but it was so scary I could barely enjoy it." Mark told her.

"So you want to watch it with me?" Sarah asked, surprised. Mark let out a small chuckle.

"Well I was hoping I could watch it with my eyes opened this time." Marks confessed. Sarah giggled at Mark's shyness.

"Okay, we can watch it then." Sarah said. Mark smiled as he got up to grab the bag of snacks he brought before returning under the blanket. Sarah started the movie as soon as Mark was back by her side.

...

"Ah!" Sarah yelled, scooting closer to Mark. The loud bang from the movie had startled her and they were only a few minutes into the movie.

"Here." Mark said, putting his arm around Sarah, allowing her to move closer to him. As he felt her head hit his chest, he suddenly felt nervous, his heart beginning to race. He was praying that the Sarah couldn't feel how fast his heart was beating.

"Mark?" Sarah asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah, what's up?" Mark asked her.

"Do you mind if I..." Sarah slowly reached out, grabbing the hand that wasn't around her, holding it between her two hands. Mark shook his head, letting out a small smile at the girl's cute gesture.

"No, go ahead. Just remember that I'm here the entire time." Mark told her.

With Sarah this close to him, Mark found it hard to focus on the horror movie. Instead, he stared at the girl, her eyes focused on the movie in front of her.

"Are you hungry?" Sarah asked, as the jump scares decreased. The bag of chips in her lap was in Sarah's lap and she must have realized that Mark was unable to feed himself with both his arms occupied.

"I'm okay." Mark told her, but his stomach betrayed him. Sarah giggled as she heard his stomach growling.

"Open up." Sarah said, turning around to feed him. Mark opened his mouth, letting her put the chip in his mouth. She continued to feed him as the movie continued.

Soon, the jump scares began again. Sarah would squeeze his hand tightly, their fingers laced together. Mark would use his other hand to run his fingers through her hair, an action Mark learned that Sarah found comforting.

"Oh my god!" Sarah screamed, turning away from the TV. The problem was, Mark was behind her. Marks's eyes widened as he realized their faces were inches apart, his arm still around her. They stayed in that position for a moment, neither of them knowing what to do. The sound of the movie soon broke them from their trance, Sarah slowly turning back to face the screen, hiding her face in embarassment.

Mark couldn't help but turn away from the TV too, feeling his ears turn red. The movie continued to play, but neither of them could properly focus on it. What was this emotion Mark was feeling? He immediately thought about Johnny, and realized what the answer was.

"It's love." Johnny would say to him, chuckling. Mark shook his head, shaking away the thought. He couldn't allow himself to fall for a girl that easily.

Mark noticed Sarah flinching, every time a scare would happen instead of squeezing his hand.

"Hey, it's okay." Mark said, sofly rubbing her arm. Mark felt Sarah relax again as Mark grabbed her hand, giving it a quick squeeze.

The movie soon ended, Sarah staying frozen in her place from fear. Mark noticed this, reaching out to turn the lights on for her.

"Should we make some dinner?" Mark asked. Sarah nodded her head, slowly making her way to the kitchen. Mark checked his phone, noticing a message from his manager.

Manager Hyung
Hey Mark, I don't think I can take you to practice today, is that alright?

Mark typed a quick reply, letting his manager know that it was perfectly fine. He made his way to the kitchen, where Sarah was standing with her head down, hands resting on the on the edge of the sink.

"Are you alright?" Mark asked her. Sarah lifted her head, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, that movie really got me, I don't know if I can sleep tonight." Sarah told him.

"Must be hard, living alone." Mark said as he watched Sarah grab her apron.

"Yeah, I can barely turn the lights on and you're still here." Sarah said, letting out a small laugh as she began preparing the ingridients. Mark looked at his phone before looking back at the girl.

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" Mark suddenly offered. Sarah stared at him, surprised at the sudden suggestion.

"Are you sure you're allowed?" Sarah asked him. Mark quickly sent his manager a text, asking for permission. His manager quickly replied.

Manager Hyung
No funny business though, I don't want to get fired just yet.

Mark smiled at the response.

"Yeah, Manager Hyung is fine with is." Mark told her. Sarah slowing nodding thinking for a moment.

"I can take the couch, just so you don't feel completely alone." Mark quickly added, not wanting to sound creepy.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind that." Sarah said, giving Mark a small smile.

"Great, now do you need some help? I can fry an egg or something." Mark offered. Sarah quickly shook her head, pushing him away.

"I've seen your videos Mark, stay far away from my eggs."

———————————————————————————

I heard mark's cooking got better but if he's in the kitchen, idk if i'll be eating the food being served hehe

...

Okay maybe if taeyong is helping i'll consider it hehehe