Chapter 16

Crap, what was I thinking? Mark thought to himself as Sarah laid beside him, trying to fall asleep. He felt his heart race as he stared at the wall, unsure of what to do.

He began hearing the girl began to breathe heavily. Had she fallen asleep? Mark began to shuffle, making his way out of the bed.

"Stay." Mark heard her mumble. He froze in his place. Sarah turned to face him, her eyes half open.

"Just sleep here for tonight, the couch is uncomfortable anyways." Sarah said to him in her drowsy voice. Mark had to admit, it was kind of cute. He slowly made his way back into her bed, lying down beside her. He watched as her eyes closed again, soon she was passed out.

As Mark finally allowed him to close his eyes, he suddenly felt movement from the girl as she rolled around in her bed. He opened his eyes to see Sarah moving quickly, muttering words in her sleep. Is she having a nightmare?

Mark instinctively wrapped his arm around the girl, holding her in his arms as he softly patted her head.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm right here." Mark whispered to her. Sarah's eyes opened from the touch and Mark noticed tears brimming from the corner of her eyes.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry Mark. I'm such a mess." Sarah said wiping her eyes. Mark gave her a small smile.

"It's okay, come here." Mark pulled her closer, letting her rest her head on his chest.

"Man, I should have never let you watch that horror movie." Mark said jokingly as he patted her head. Sarah clenched onto him tightly, listening to his heartbeat.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." Sarah said to him, feeling bad that he had to deal with her. Mark shook his head.

"No, it's normal to feel like this. I couldn't sleep either when I watched it. I cried like a baby to Taeyong too." Mark confessed. He watched as a small smile ran across her face at his words.

"I guess we're both crybabies then." Sarah said, making Mark chuckle.

"I guess so." Mark said softly patting her head.

He watched as she laid there, on his chest, his arms around her. As they lied there in silence, a major realization had hit Mark. He had fallen for Sarah, in a way that he shouldn't have. Sarah noticed the smile on his face drop, looking up him.

"Is something wrong." Sarah asked, their faces inches apart.

Mark stared back at her, not knowing what to say to her. Should he confess? Is it too soon? What if she doesn't like him back. The endless questions ran through his head as he stared into her eyes.

Mark noticed Sarah's eyes travel from his eyes down to his lips, and suddenly he knew what he wanted to do. Mark held her head, his fingers deep in her roots, leaning forward as he stared at her lips.

Her lips felt soft as he kissed her. He felt unexperienced as he tried to find the right rhythm but Sarah had helped him and soon the two of them were moving in sync. Mark pulled her closer to him as she snaked her hands around his neck. As the kiss deepened, Mark felt a boost of confidence, turning them over so that he was on top of her. Mark felt her smile into the kiss at his movements, continuing to kiss her lovingly.

When they broke apart, they were both out of breath, maintaining eye contact as Mark slowly pulled away.

"Wow, who would have thought I would have the opportunity to kiss NCT's Mark Lee." Sarah said with a smirk. Mark felt his ears turn red at the statement.

Mark got off her, laying by her side with one arm still around her as he propped himself up with the other.

"I sure hope Jaehyun isn't your bias anymore." Mark responded. Sarah shook her head, turning to grab her phone.

"Nope, I changed my wallpaper a while ago." Sarah said, passing Mark her phone.

A wide smile grew on Mark's face as he looked at her wallpaper, a picture of the two of them from the Music Garden.

———————————————————————————

Kinda shorter than usual but uh

Kinda shorter than usual but uh... they kissed :)