Chapter 27

Sarah proceeded to help the manager and stylists with moving some luggages and boxes to the waiting room. This took about an hour when Sarah began to feel slightly light-headed.

"Are you okay?" The manager asked. Sarah shook her head as her stomach growled.

"You haven't eaten yet. I forgot that you spent all morning with the members." The manager took the box Sarah was holding from her hands, guiding her back to the waiting room where NCT was eating, the cameras were already put away.

Mark looked up from his food as they entered. He quickly ran over to them in concern as he noticed how pale she was.

"Mark, is there any food left? Sarah hasn't eaten yet." The manager told him. Mark looked around the room before frowning.

"The members took most of it but she can have some of mine." Mark offered. The manager nodded his head.

"The staff are ordering food soon so we'll making sure to order a bit more for you. I'll leave Sarah in your hands then." The manager said. Mark nodded, guiding Sarah to where he sat with the other members.

"Mark, I'm fine, don't worry." Sarah said but right as she stopped talking, she tripped, Mark quickly grabbing her waist to steady her.

"For some reason, I'm having trouble believing you." Mark said, forcing Sarah to sit in his seat between Haechan and Jungwoo.

"Normally I don't take Mark's side, but you look very pale, noona." Haechan said. Sarah waved her hand as she took a bite of Mark's food.

"I just forgot to eat. Don't worry too much, I was just busy, that's all." Sarah said, giving the boys a small smile. Mark left the table for the moment, returning with a water bottle.

"Make sure you eat, forgetting your meals is bad." Mark said, passing her the water bottle that he opened for her. Sarah thanked him as she took a sip.

"I normally don't skip meals, don't worry okay?" Sarah said, glaring at Mark.

"Fine, but eat a bit more. I already had half of that large box." Mark told her.

"Are you sure you don't want more? It's pretty good." Sarah said, taking a big bite. Mark looked away, thinking for a moment before responding.

"Okay, maybe give me one more bite." Mark said, leaning forward.

"You're such a big baby." Sarah said with a smile as she fed Mark a spoonful, earning hoots and hollers from the members.

...

During the prerecording, the managers followed the members as they made their way to the stage. Mark gave Sarah a small smile as he put his earpiece in and adjusted the microphone. The stage managers quickly called the boys, making him turn away. Sarah directed her attention to the manager beside her.

"Do you want to watch?" He asked her. Sarah nodded, making him chuckle. He guided her to a small section of the audience, where workers could watch the artists perform. Sarah's jaw dropped as she saw the sea of green glowsticks.

"Wow, I didn't know they had so many fans." Sarah said before covering her mouth as she realized how rude she must have sounded. The manager let out a small laugh.

"Don't worry, it amazes me every time too." The manager said just as the members got up on stage, taking their positions. The cheers of the fans echoed throughout the arena, making the members smile. Sarah had her eyes locked on Mark as he took his position at the centre of the stage.

His eyes wandered through the audience, stopping for a brief second as they met hers before quickly focusing back on the performance. Sarah could feel the corners of her lips raise for a moment just as their performance started.