Chapter 9: Safe and Sound

[Y/N] could feel the warmth of his body against her making her feel safer by the minute. She couldn't help but snuggle even closer to his chest, "enjoying me?" Dabi looked down smirking at [Y/N].

[Y/N] lightly smiled, "oh shut it... I'm just cold."

CONTINUED...

Walking into the house, he carried [Y/N] and laid her on the couch. He knelt beside her and touched her forehead, "You still have a fever..."

[Y/N] coughed as she quietly chuckled, "Yeah... and I lost the medicine I bought at the pharmacy."

Dabi shook his head, "you look like shit, and you're still laughing?"

Having her eyes almost shut, she only responded, "I'm not dead, right? So why should I be upset?"

[Y/N] looked very weak, after everything she had endured, why wouldn't she be? Her whole body was red from being exposed to the cold and from her fever. Not only did she have to suffer from severe weather, but she had also endured that man's beating.

Dabi looked at her forehead and hand, seeing the opened wound and broken fingers, filled his eyes with a little hint of anxiety. He stood up and ruffled his hair as he looked down at [Y/N]. Letting out a sigh, he walked to the kitchen, "Guess I'll be taking care of you again, dollface."

[Y/N] followed him with her eyes, "No, don't... I can take care of myself..."

Standing up, she felt her legs collapse, nearly hitting that damn glass table again. But before she came in contact with the table, she felt a tight grip on her arm. Dabi pulled her into his purple arms, irritated, he laid her on the couch again, "I said let me take care of you, Dammit..."

Stubborn as [Y/N] was, she sat up, "No, go home... I can take care of myself."

"What's the fucking problem? I've already taken care of you two times, why is this any damn different?", [Y/N] could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"That's the freaking problem! Two is way too many times, it's embarras-" [Y/N] was cut off by her coughing and wheezing.

Dabi stared at her as she used her inhaler, annoyed by how headstrong she was, he scoffed. Picking her up, he started making his way down the hallway, "I'm fucking taking care of you, like it or not."

...

He kicked the restroom door open and set [Y/N] on top of the sink. Looking in the drawers, he pulled out a first aid kit. He grabbed her broken fingers and gently wrapped them in bandages. Grabbing some cotton and alcohol, he cleansed her open wound and stitched it up, making her wince in pain.

Finishing the process, he picked her up again, taking her to the bedroom. Looking down, he could see [Y/N] crossing her arms and mumbling in annoyance, making him chuckle to himself. Even if he didn't admit it, he was enjoying this, not the part where [Y/N] was in pain, but the fact that he was in charge of her.

...