Chapter 26: You Remember?

Looking down at the drowsy girl that peacefully slept in his embrace, Dabi shook his head, "What the hell?"

Gently placing the girl on the bed, he put a soft blanket over her exposed body. Quietly closing the bedroom's door, he went out for a walk. Walking through the cool night, he rubbed the sides of his head as the cold breeze blew. Trying to process his new memories, he stopped, finding himself in the very alleyway he encountered [Y/N] again after so many years.

Walking into the abandoned alleyway, he put his hands in his pockets and looked at the walls. Leaning against it, he looked up at the sky, as if trying to find answers. It was all just too vague for him, there was only one question floating around in his head, "How did I forget her?"

"I don't have fucking amnesia... do I?" he said as he kept his eyes locked on the full moon.

Taking one deep breath, he straightened up and began walking away, "I don't fucking understand this shit."

Simply shrugging it off just like that, he bought some light foods for [Y/N] in the morning. He knew that whether he remembered her or not, he still loved her, he just needed to tell her.

...

Groaning as she woke up, [Y/N] winced, her whole body feeling sore. Yawning and stretching, she felt two arms snake around her waist. Nuzzling his face in her body, she jumped from the tickling sensation. Giggling and pushing his arms off, she finally got out of bed. Holding on to her head and body, she tiredly made her way to the kitchen, finding some food that Dabi bought for her hangover.

After eating the snacks, [Y/N] threw herself on the couch, waiting to feel a little bit better before getting up. Closing her eyes as she laid on her stomach, she suddenly flinched feeling a pinch behind her. Quickly sitting up, she glared at Dabi, "What'd you pinch my ass for?"

Chuckling, he shrugged, "I wanted to."

"Uh... ok?", laying her head back down, she felt Dabi's eyes still on her.

Groaning and looking back up, she rolled her eyes, "Whaaaat?"

Sitting next to her, he lifted her up and sat her on his lap, "So doll face... I talked to my girlfriend yesterday and-"

"Wait... what?!", interrupting him [Y/N] stared at Dabi in pure shock, "Y-your girlfriend?"

Trying to keep a straight face as [Y/N]'s expression changed, he continued, "Yeah, we got together yesterday."

Slightly trembling, [Y/N] stared into his blue eyes, "B-but, you were with us yesterday..."

Trying to stifle a mocking laugh, Dabi replied, "Yes, and I was also with her."

Looking down at the ground, a heavy aura filled the room, making it suddenly seem gloomier. Quietly sniffling, she looked back at Dabi with small tears in her eyes, "Does that mean you're gonna live with her?"

Trying to give a hint in what he meant, he looked at her, "I'm already living with her."

"What?!", [Y/N]'s eyes widened in shock yet again, "you're leaving meeee!"

Watching [Y/N] hop off and sulk into her bedroom as she sobbed, Dabi chuckled in amusement, 'Is she really that dumb in taking hints?'

Walking into the bedroom, he hopped next to her, laying flat on his back as she buried her face in the mattress. Hearing her muffled cries, he softly caressed her back. Taking one deep breath, he shook his head, "I can't believe you're actually that dense."

Sitting up and drying her tears, she stared at the him in confusion, "W-what do you mean?"

Pulling out his phone, he showed her the video from last night:

Dabi: "Oh? And who's your boyfriend?"

[Y/N]: "Do you hear this dumbass?"

[Y/N]: "My boyfriend is obviously, hic, Dabi."

Dabi: "Ew. You like him?"

[Y/N]: "You're ew! He's hot... and... you'r-"

Watching in embarrassment, she slowly looked back at Dabi who was smirking, "Heh... you meant me."

Chuckling, he grabbed her and pulled her close, "Who else would I be talking about?"

Giving her a kiss followed by a smug look, he placed his hands on her waist, "After all, you were the one who made it official, I just complied."

Still flustered, [Y/N] looked away as she mumbled, "I guess..."

After saying this, the room suddenly got quiet. Noticing Dabi's sudden sadness, [Y/N] cupped his face in her hands, looking at him in concern, "What's wrong?"

Seeing blood drops fall to the ground, [Y/N] knew fairly well he was crying, she just didn't know why. Keeping her soft hands on his face as she stared at him with her gentle [E/C] eyes, she patiently waited for him to talk. Awaiting for a response, she was dumbfounded with what she heard next.

"I'm sorry I forgot you..."

"What?"

"I said I'm sorry I forgot you, Pancakes!"

Hearing this nickname again left her speechless. Not knowing what to do or say, her eyes began to water once again. Looking down at the ground, she sniffled, "Y-you remember... But h-how?"

Keeping his head down as if he were in shame, [Y/N] could hear his voice crack, "I don't know, but I do doll face..."

Taking one deep breath as he wiped the blood of his face, he managed to recompose himself, "I just know that you're the girl I've always loved..."

Hugging him, [Y/N] held back her tears, "It's not your fault..."

Looking back up and giving him a gentle closed eye smile, she giggled, "I'm just glad you told me..."

Pulling Dabi into a deep kiss, she smiled, "and I love you too."

After the unexpected turn of events, Dabi and [Y/N] spend the whole evening together. Content, the two decided to do many things together... Including things that had Damian running out of sight. Spending the whole night together, [Y/N] couldn't help but feel over excitedly cheerful, it was too much happiness for her to handle.

...

Waking up the next morning with a smile on her face, [Y/N] was just about ready to tell everyone the exciting news. Grabbing her phone to text someone, she received a call just about as soon as she grabbed it. Rubbing her eyes as she checked who it was, she let out a tired sigh answering the phone,

"Hey Al-"

Suddenly being cut off by screaming, [Y/N] felt a sudden wave of worry go over her body as she heard her best friend talk, "[Y/N]! You need to get here right away, Nole has lost his damn mind!"