Chapter 23: Wrong Address

Walking into an abandoned building, [Y/N] started looking around, only to find herself all alone. It was dark, dusty, and there was no sign of anyone being there. Just about to walk out, she suddenly stopped in her tracks hearing someone call out her name. Following where the sound had come from into a room, she peeked inside and saw a very familiar figure, it was Dabi. Slightly shocked with finding him there, she was confused, "How did you get he-"

Her phone started ringing and [Y/N] put her hand up as she walked out of the room to answer the call, "[Y/N]!!!"

Retreating the phone from her ear from his loud scream, she brought it back up to her face, knowing fair well who it was, "Alex?"

"And Nole..." she heard Nole shyly add, "We're in a shared call."

"Yeah yeah," Alex interrupted Nole, clearly eager to tell [Y/N] something, "Soooo.... are you busy?"

"Um... a little." she restorted, looking over at Dabi who waved at her with a smile on his face, "But what's up?"

"Girrrrrrl..." [Y/N] rolled her eyes as Alex rolled his Rs, "It's Nole's birthday!" Alex said out loud in complete excitement, "and we were planning on doing something tonight, like getting some drinks!"

"Omg! Happy birthday Nole!" [Y/N] cheered in excitement.

"T-thank you." Nole responded, slightly embarrassed.

"Anyways, why can't you come?" Alex asked but [Y/N] remained silent.

"Who are you with?" Alex asked another question, awaiting a truthful answer, if one thing was for sure, was that Alex knew his best friend enough to have the ability to tell if she's lying, even through phone.

"Dabi..." [Y/N] answered in a lower voice than usual, thinking that they would hate her for missing Nole's birthday because of this guy.

After a couple seconds of silence, Alex responded, "Listen... I'm not too fond of this guy, but- just be careful."

"A-and it's o-okay if you don't come... we can do something tomorrow i-instead." Nole added in a low voice.

Smiling to herself, she couldn't help but feel so happy in knowing that these two would support her in everything no matter what it was. As her smile grew, she responded, leaving the two smiling, "Tomorrow... that's a promise."

After hanging up, she began walking towards Dabi, but stopped when she heard Damian say something, 'Don't walk near THAT thing.'

Slightly taken back by Damian's sudden interception, she froze, "What are you talking about?"

'That's not who you think it is.' Damian added, making [Y/N] suddenly feel uneasy, 'he brought you here on purpose.'

Slowly backing up, she shivered, "So you are meaning to tell me that I was tricked? and I'm in danger?"

'Exactly' Damian responded, 'And that thing wants to kill you.'

...

Alex and Nole were walking around the neighborhood, joking and playing around with Beau, who had grown tremendously over time. Getting near [Y/N]'s house, Alex gave Nole a mischievous look, "I'm going in!"