Chapter 1- Move In Day

I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE PLEASE SPARE ME!!!
This story is so cringe please keep in mind I was in like 7th grade writing this like girl put the wattpad down and go do your pre-algebra homework.
Okay that's the warning I have no clue why this book has so many reads😭

Chapter One- Move In Day

You know when your parents always joke about "shipping you off to boarding school"? Yeah, turns out it wasn't a joke this time.

"We just think that this is what's best for you, sweetie!" My mom said.

"Yeah! Also, you can see us whenever you're on break!" My step-dad, Michael, put in.

"But I don't want to go to school, let alone live there!" I complained.

"Jayden, we know you don't want to go, but Michael and I discussed it, and we decided that you need this extra boost to get you through high school." I groaned and trudged to my room. They couldn't make me go to a boarding school. If it's anything like the movies, then it's practically jail! Plus, I'll be living there! My whole life will be school!

In the end, a week later, my mom forced me into the car with my stuff and drove off.

"Please calm down, honey, you'll like it. You can see your classmates everyday, you'll have a roommate, isn't that fun? You'll...," I tuned out her rambling and looked out the window, watching random cars pass by.

☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎

Reinhardt High School for Boys, I read as we pulled into the small parking lot.

"We have to stop at the front office, first, to get more information on your classes and all that jazz, okay?" I shrugged.

"Whatever, I guess...," I mumbled, following her into the large school. We took a sharp right turn to enter a small room, the front office, I assumed.

"Hello, M'am, is there anything I can help you with?" The large woman at the desk asked.

"Yes, this is my son, Jayden Hayes, he's enrolling here tomorrow."

"Oh! Mrs. Hayes," the woman reach over to shake my mom's hand, "it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Mrs. Paula." She reach over her desk to grab some paperwork. "This should pretty much cover everything! Contact me if you need anything. My information should be somewhere in there."

"Thank you, Mrs. Paula." My mom said sweetly before dragging me out of the room with her. "Well, now that we've got all your stuff, I think the principal, Mr. Morgan, should meet us here at the entrance. Make sure to be polite and don't use foul language!"

"Sure." I deadpanned. She rose an eyebrow at me, but, luckily, before she could scold me, a handsome man, probably mid-forties, strolled up to us.

"Ah, you must be Mrs. Hayes!" He shook her hand. "I'm the principal, Mr. Morgan. I see this is your son, Jayden?" She nodded. "I'll have a student council member show you two around the school."

As if on cue, a very plain looking boy came around the corner. His eyes lit up when he saw us.

"I'll leave you to it!" Mr. Morgan said, leaving.

"Hey, you must be Jayden. I'm Isaak, by the way. Do you know which room you're in?" He asked excitedly.

"Uh, no."

"Oh, okay." He stared at me creepily.

"Somethin on your mind, buddy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Jayden." My mother warned. I rolled my eyes.

"No, it's nothing. It's just that you have a very pretty face, that's all. Everyone else here is just so... bulky...?" I chuckled.

"I'm just so stunning. Right, kitty girls?" I said in the sassiest voice I could manage. Isaak laughed.

"Jayden! That could be offensive!" My mom scolded.

"Let's get a move on. We'll start with the math room." He led us off in a random direction

☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎

"Also, the dorms are right up here." Isaak said, finishing up the tour. "You can go grab your stuff and get settled."

"Okay, thank you, Isaak. Now let's get going, please." I said sarcastically.

"Don't be rude, Jay." My mom scolded. What? I just wanted to get this over with.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. Now let's gooo!" I practically dragged her through the parking lot to grab my bags.

"Jesus! Slow down, Jayden!" My mom said, lagging behind. "What's the rush, sweetie?" She asked. I just shrugged. There wasn't a problem. I just wanted to get this over with.

"Listen, I know you might be feeling emotional right now, but this is what's best for you! You can still contact me if you start to miss us too much."

"In case you forgot, I'm not really the emotional type." I said, half-jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah." She mumbled popping open the trunk of the car, holding it open for me.

I grabbed both of my bags and began walking through the parking lot, back to the large building, my mother in tow.

Eventually we reached the dorms and waited around for a bit before a very professional, slender looking man approached us. He wore a black suit with navy dress pants and large, brown shoes. He gave me a quick once-over before speaking up.

"Are you Jayden Hayes?" He said, not bothering to be friendly.

"Yep. Now, who are you again?" I said, sick of talking to him already.

"My name is Mr. Barnes. I teach history here and since Isaak had to leave for some reason, I'm here to show you to your dorm and help get you situated." His words were kind, but his tone gave away how much he'd rather go enjoy his weekend alone.

"Okay, let's get this over with." I groaned. My mom glared at me, unlike Mr. Barnes, who chuckled softly. Guess he's glad he's not the only one who wants to get out of here.

//
Thanks for reading!! Make sure to check out my other stories if you like it!

I was listening to MCR for the first time since fucking 4th grade today lmao I forgot how much I love them. Also, I listened to Taylor's new stuff today and I love it, except Euphoria is suuuper long and not rlly my fav. But like illicit affairs is a bop.

❤️