𝟬𝟮. escapades

AIR | CHAPTER TWO

     𝐂loud had found out she arrived right after Korra came to Republic City unannounced

     𝐂loud had found out she arrived right after Korra came to Republic City unannounced. For that simple reason, she found herself getting more curious about the new Avatar. She sounded so different than the previous ones, but Cloud didn't think of it as a bad thing. Moreover, she thought she seemed cool, and the airbender liked cool things or people in this case.

    Entering the room where Jinora told her she would stay, she dropped her belongings on the floor with a loud thud, as if there were tons of metal inside her bag. She glanced at the big windows, the bed, and to the decent wooden cabinet in the corner of the room. A grin of satisfaction flashed across her face, and she plopped down on the floorboards to start rummaging through her packs of necessities and clothes.

    She was still wearing her mahogany red military uniform, and it just reminded her that she was out of service now. The former Captain shrugged her thoughts away, and started to pick out the perfect Air Nomad clothes; the signature clothing that most of them wear, even the monks but in a different style.

     After changing, she produced a swoosh of wind to make her bags fly onto the bed, and with that, she decided to intrude on the training session of the Avatar. On her way there, even from afar, she could already sense Tenzin's frustration. That didn't seem to stop the amused smirk from appearing on her face. He was always so stressed out and Cloud wished he'd relax sometimes. She doubt that would happen anytime soon.

     Much to her surprise, when she looked at the circle filled with several wooden gates, spinning rapidly━she found Korra failing miserably to get past it. It wasn't actually that hard when the airbender knew what they were doing. Besides, it was all about being one with the wind if that makes sense.

     Tries after tries, but Korra couldn't seem to get it right. In fact, it caused her to fall on the ground after the umpteenth try, and in a lot of pain. That made Tenzin sigh in disbelief for the millionth time. Uh-oh. She knew what the sigh meant, and it was an incoming reprimanding. So without a word, Cloud slipped away from the scene and left before Tenzin could notice she was there.

    Night had come quickly, and for some reason, sleep still hadn't taken over a certain airbender. One of the reasons why she was roaming around the entire island without a single thought in her mind. Well, not until she noticed a certain Avatar sitting on the roof of the White Lotus sentries' quarters. Korra seemed to be listening to the radio about the pro-bending match that the sentries blasted on full volume.

     It made her think about her old friends back in the city (and also made her wonder what would it be like to be in a match). It sounded fun from what she could hear, even the White Lotus members looked excited while listening to the match, although she never really thought about joining a team. Just being in a match, not a team.