𝟬𝟭. réunion

SPIRITS | CHAPTER ONE

     𝐒ix months ago, Korra defeated Amon and the Equalists with the help of her friends and their family

     𝐒ix months ago, Korra defeated Amon and the Equalists with the help of her friends and their family. Ever since then, the council was disbanded and the United Republic elected its first president. Cloud's father, Commander Bumi, had retired and moved to Air Temple Island, which was another best thing that happened in her life. She couldn't wait to spend a lot of fun times with him and the others.

     A certain brunette with a smug grin on her face zoomed past Tenzin's children and Korra as they rode their air scooters. The five were racing to the end of the line. They briefly passed the airbending training gates; some of the panels started spinning when they passed by. She glanced behind her and much to her surprise, Korra had entered the Avatar State as her eyes began to glow. She used extra power and pulled ahead, being the first one to reach the finish line.

     A series of groans and complaints escaped from the children's mouths as the two eldest finished after each other, leaving them behind as Bumi flagged the winner. Cloud leaped off her air scooter as it vanished into thin air before she trudged towards her father who started coughing out due to the thrown-up dust that he inhaled.

     "The Avatar is the winner!" He said enthusiastically, Meelo being the last one to enter the finish line.

     Ikki stomped towards the winner with an angry look on her face. "No fair! You can't go into the Avatar State to win!"

     Korra exits the Avatar State and turns to her right, her hands propped on her hips as she smugly towered over a fuming Ikki. She stuck her tongue out at her, blowing a raspberry, not noticing that a certain airbending master had started approaching them.

     "You did what?" Tenzin walked past Bumi and his daughter to scold the girl. "The Avatar State is not to be used as a booster rocket! You are toying with a dangerous power that you obviously do not appreciate!"

     "It's the Avatar State and I'm the Avatar. Who appreciates it more than me?"

     If there's one thing Cloud knows about acting smart in front of Tenzin, don't.

     "Clearly you need more training to grasp the depths of your spiritual connections, not to mention that you're still a long way from mastering airbending," Tenzin said frustratedly. 

     Korra demonstrated her airbending skills to prove her point, but the man wasn't the least convinced.

     Bumi was nonchalantly impressed as he smiled. "Looks pretty good to me."

     His youngest brother sighed, putting a hand to his face as he faced the former Commander. "Is it too late for you to unretire from the United Forces?

     "The paperwork's gone through, little brother. From now on, it's twenty-four-seven━" Bumi grabbed his face and pinched his cheek until Tenzin made him let go. "Bumi time!"

     The latter's eyes landed on the daughter and sent her a pleading look as an amused grin slowly appeared on her face. Tenzin grunted. "Please control your father."

     "I'm here for you, Uncle." Cloud only gave him a sweet smile, although before he could even celebrate, the brunette summoned an air scooter and zoomed away from them, laughing manically.

     The twenty-one-year-old was more than excited when she was told that they would be going to the Southern Water Tribe for a festival. She couldn't wait to see her grandmother and her favorite aunt and the other White Lotus sentries.

     On the night of their departure from the island, Cloud had situated herself on the front deck of the ship, alone by herself and her orange glider. Korra even passed by her but she didn't seem to notice the brown-haired woman from her furious stomps.

    Soon enough, she could feel the air starting to get colder as they got closer to the South Pole. The first thing she noticed was her grandmother and aunt who were waiting for them in the dock. Cloud didn't even bother exiting through the ramp and jumped down the ship, earning a few frightful looks from everyone else. She softened her fall with her airbending. The children excitedly greeted the two women, and she exchanged warm hugs with Kya and Katara.

     "Gran-Gran!" Her little cousins gathered around the oldest waterbender and hugged her waist.

     "Oh... you've all gotten so big," Katara said, smiling warmly like a mother would.

     Jinora approached their aunt after hugging their grandmother. "We missed you, Aunt Kya."

     "Oh, I missed you, too. Your father doesn't bring you to visit nearly enough," Kya said, playfully punching Tenzin's arm. "He's probably scared I'll beat him up like when we were kids."

     "I'm not scared of you..." Tenzin said quietly, rubbing his arm rather slightly timidly. "Anymore."

     Cloud snickered at her uncle and approached the older woman as Kya took notice of the beautiful brunette in front of her. She laughed, grabbing her into another side-hug as if the girl was still a little child. "Cloudy! You haven't caused any trouble now, did you?"

     She looked at her, battling her eyelids innocently as she shook her head. "Nope."

     "Actually, she punched ponytail man's nose and got arrested. She also snuck out of the house a few times, and fought a lot of Equalists after they made her drop her popcorn━" Cloud slapped a hand over the talkative child's mouth, but as usual, Ikki continued talking through her palm even though it was muffled.

     She sent a warning look at the child and Ikki immediately stopped. Slowly removing her hand from her mouth, she then blasted Ikki towards Tenzin knowing he'd be able to catch her, and she would be able to control her own momentum. Kya raised an eyebrow at her from amusement but said nothing. She has the strangest nieces and nephews in the world but she would never change a thing in her life.

     They were the best part, after all.