𝟭𝟬. snitches stitches

SPIRITS | CHAPTER TEN

    𝐓he trio went back to the warehouse of Future Industries

    𝐓he trio went back to the warehouse of Future Industries. They were more than shocked to see the sight of the empty, nicked-clean warehouse. She left the two of her friends inside and decided to check around the whole place if the inventions were actually gone and stolen. Much to her disappointment, everything was totally gone.

    She walked back to the warehouse, slightly bouncing on her feet while humming a familiar tune under her breath. The airbender almost slipped on her buttocks when she abruptly halted, catching her friends locking lips with each other, red-handed.

     They quickly broke it off after noticing her presence. Mako's eyes widened when he saw her, even Asami, the two panicking on the inside as Cloud furrowed her brows at them. The girl was either confused or just straight up disappointed with her friends, but she didn't seem to ponder over it too much.

    "Oh, um. I'm gonna start walking back... and you're going to pretend you did not see me," She said, awkwardly smiling at them and began to walk backwards (she was surprised she didn't trip), glancing at the both of them until she disappeared from their sight.

     "Cloudy, wait, I━" Faintly, she heard Mako's voice call out her name, but she didn't stay long enough to hear what he has to say. She didn't want to anyway. Besides she'd seen enough to know what was going on.

     When the airbender went back to the Air Temple island, she suddenly felt very gloomy when no one surprised her with small hugs. She didn't even hear a single noise. She missed her family. And now Korra was gone, off to somewhere she doesn't even know. 

     She trudged towards the house, walking past a couple of Air Acolytes who smiled at her along with a few members of the White Lotus. At least they're here. Cloud smiled slightly, trying to cheer herself up since no one would do it for her.

    Trudging inside her room, she leaned her staff against the wall by the side of her bed before plopping down on the soft and warm mattress. She exhaled a deep breath and lied on her back, facing the ceiling as she placed her hands over her chest. 

     It felt like something was going to change, but she wasn't sure if it was a bad thing or a good thing. She hoped the latter because truth to be told, the bad things were kind of getting tiring.

    She didn't realize she had fallen asleep but the next time she woke up, the sun was shining on her face from the wide-open windows she forgot to close last night. Groaning, she turned to her side, burying her face in her pillows and blocking out the sounds of the morning birds chirping merrily outside.

     An Air Acolyte entered her cave of doom as she informed the young airbender who lied on her bed. "Master Cloudy, there's breakfast for you on the table."

    "Alright, sir. I'll be going forth any time now," She mumbled groggily.

     The Air Acolyte looked confused at what the lady uttered, but instead of answering, she simply stepped out of her room to give her space, going back to doing her chores. The young master was indeed strange, but she was a good person and a very helpful airbender despite her preceding reputation.

     Cloud ate her breakfast that the Air Acolytes prepared deliciously, even dragging them to eat with her which they complied with since they couldn't possibly say no to the girl. She would just continue to pester until they said yes to her. Cloud decided to roam around the entire island freely. She even passed by the airbending gates and went past it as if it was the easiest thing ever before going up the hill to see the herd of flying bisons.

     Reaching atop the mountain hill, she looked up to the sky. The colors were light and blue, the sun was yellow with a tint of orange as it went down the horizon. Cloud looked up at the clouds, smiling as they moved the slightest, covering the sun until the sunlight only struck half of her face. She closed her eyes, soaking in the feeling of peacefulness at least for a moment.

    A loud groan echoed from her left and she hastily blinked her eyes open, a lovely laugh escaping from her soft peach lips when she saw who was in front of her. 

    "Kiko!" Cloud giggled, running towards the bison as she tackled her into a hug, burying her face on the creature's soft fur.

    The flying bison closed her eyes and licked her off her, causing Cloud to dropped down on the grass but needless to say, she was blissful. The huge bison stared down at her almost quite like she adored the human before her. Kiko, the flying bison, stepped forward and nudged her with her nose, the girl rolling flat on the ground.

     "Alright! I'm getting up." Cloud grinned, and the last thing she knew, she was on top of the bison with her hands clutched on her soft fur as they soared above the clouds.

     She swore she could almost touch them. And when she raised her arm to try and do it, the clouds simply went past her outstretched hand. She expected it to wet her hand but she only felt a certain coldness, nonetheless, the biggest smile broke out on her face. Suddenly, the compulsion to do something won over her again.

     "Do you think I can change their shape?" Cloud leaned to the side, not even caring that she could fall. She looked at the bison's face to see her reaction. The flying bison glanced at her and let out a roar. "Of course, I can."

     She sat up straight to look at the thousands of clouds surrounding them. Even a few birds were flying around. Below them, there were a couple of baby bison fighting and playing with each other. It reminded her of her baby cousins for some reason. 

     Cloud grinned from ear to ear, slowly unlatching her hands from the bison's fur and started twirling her arms in circular motions as the air started picking up. She looked at one specific cloud and focused her attention on that one thing while she continued to twirl her arms around in different directions as if she were drawing into the air. 

     Before she even knew it, the cloud slowly turned into the familiar shape of a bison's head, causing her to quicken her pace. Finishing her work of art, Cloud let out a small cheer.

     "Kiko, look! That's you," She giggled, gently tapping the bison and urging her to look over the clouds. The flying bison let out a much louder roar this time, as if she was telling her that it was great. Maybe sometimes being alone with someone or something that doesn't talk is better. At least she was happy. For a while.