𝟭𝟱. harmonic convergence

SPIRITS | CHAPTER FIFTEEN

     𝐀fter coming to a decision that Asami would go back to the White Lotus compound with an injured Tonraq on Oogi━Korra split the people into two groups

     𝐀fter coming to a decision that Asami would go back to the White Lotus compound with an injured Tonraq on Oogi━Korra split the people into two groups. One group finds Jinora in the Spirit World while the other fights off Unalaq. Apparently, there was a third group consisting of only Korra herself to close the portal, which they weren't so happy about.

     Cloud didn't know what was more dangerous; facing Unalaq or letting her off alone with the possibility of someone else facing her.

     Without much of an answer, Cloud and the others ran towards the portal, appearing on the other side in the Spirit World. The first thing she noticed was the Tree of Time, standing proud in the middle of a wide field between the two portals. Stood in front of it was none other than Unalaq himself. Dark spirits encircled the tree, and when they caught sight of the newcomers, they began to attack them.

     "Tenzin, go find Jinora!" Korra yelled.

    Cloud sent a reassuring smile at her family before they left then looked back at the incoming spirits. She stuck close to the two brothers as they stood on both of her sides, watching  Korra enter the Avatar State. Her eyes glowed a blinding white before dashing forward, preparing to airbend. She unleashed a wave of air that rebuffed the spirits away from them.

    Unalaq then jumped off the shadow he was on and began to waterbend. He used water from a pond and waterbends an ice to slow his descent and slides down on it, and as he landed, he continued.

     Bolin and Mako ran forward while Cloud flicked her glider open and flew above them, the three bending their respective elements to stop Unalaq as Korra rushed off toward the Southern Portal. Cloud cursed under her breath when the two brothers were sent flying backward by Unalaq's attacks, and she quickly descended onto the ground and faced the evil man.

     "You're not getting to her," Cloud said firmly, noticing that he glanced back at the Southern Portal.

     "If you can stop me," Unalaq scoffed in disbelief and prepared to attack her as he did with the two brothers.

    Cloud let out a light breath and closed her eyes. When she felt the air shifted around her, she shifted her feet into a stance. Calmness engulfed her entire demeanor. Even when he waterbent a big whip toward her, she was light on her feet as she simply avoided it, but that wasn't the real deal. 

     When her feet touched the ground again, she looked at him dead in the eyes and swiftly twirled her staff around. Her moves were those of a true airbending master. She almost looked graceful if it wasn't for the darkness that lurked around them.

     Unalaq glared at her and began to waterbend another attack on her, but before it could even touch her, she brought down her staff and sent a blast of air toward him, knocking him over his feet. She quickly regained her balance and stood in a rooted stance. When he attacked again, Cloud flipped to the left, landing on her two feet as the large water whip missed her.

     But Unalaq had other plans and maneuvered it back behind her. She was quick to decipher what was happening, and hastily airbends an air shield that caused the water whip to be swept away, splattering on the ground.

    "Do you ever stop?" Unalaq exclaimed through his gritted teeth, throwing attack after attack. He was mostly maiming while she was on defense, but she would still attack at every chance she got.

     "Do you ever stop?" Cloud countered, cocking an eyebrow as she avoided another one of his water blasts.

    At her words, the man became more agitated and he didn't give her time to react and swung another water blast at her, knocking her off her feet as she released her staff, falling a couple of steps away from her. Groaning, she placed a hand on her chest to calm her breathing. She swore the air just got knocked out of her lungs, but before she could do something, a pulse of energy knocked her backward, again.

     Well, at least he was making sure not to let her get up to her feet again.

    Her eyes were wide when she noticed the sparks from the sky, and when she sat up, she noticed that the two portals were creating the lightning that was hitting the Tree of Time. That's not a good sign. Cloud winced. The lightning stopped and it briefly went dark before energy exploded from the tree, but this time it didn't knock them backward.

    What came next was something she didn't want to happen, and there it was, the darkest of them of all, Vaatu emerged after the energy expanded and dissipated. Horror flashed upon her face when the creature started laughing at their demise. He was now out, and there was nothing she could do but anticipate Unalaq's next moves. She has faith in Korra. She knew the Avatar could defeat Vaatu. Cloud believed in the Avatar━no, scratch that, she believes in Korra.