𝟬𝟵. new perspective

AIR | CHAPTER NINE

    𝐌ako shared his plan with the two girls, and it consisted of making some makeshift fog as a cover while he and Cloud grabbed Bolin from the stage

    𝐌ako shared his plan with the two girls, and it consisted of making some makeshift fog as a cover while he and Cloud grabbed Bolin from the stage. Hopefully, that would do it. Cloud crept behind the stubborn firebender, keeping a close eye around them in case they got caught. Nearing the stage, she halted on her feet after Mako stopped and turned to look at where Korra had disappeared, waiting for the Avatar to do what she intended to do.

    "Come on..." He muttered.

     Cloud almost broke her neck when she looked at the stage after seeing an Equalist approach Bolin. Her flapper hat would have almost fallen off her head if it wasn't for Mako who instinctively placed his hand over her head, fixing it for her. Her fingers were itching to move around as she watched Bolin plead for his life━or bend. Hell, it was basically the same thing. Without his earthbending, his life would be nothing.

     Trust me. Cloud knew what it felt. Her airbending didn't come to her until she was five or six. She couldn't remember when, but she remembered the feelings, the excitement she got when she figured out she had airbending, and also when she did not have it. It wasn't the best feeling, that one. Because she was supposed to uphold something important, but it didn't come very easy to her.

    An explosion to the left made Cloud cheer inside her mind, loud screams erupting from the crowd as steam started to pour into the meeting room. Mako was the first one who got ahold of the Equalist who was about to take his little brother, and for the millionth time, Bolin was glad to see his brother. And of course, the carefree airbender who stood behind him, keeping guard as she discarded her flapper hat on the floor, revealing the proud arrow tattoo on her forehead, her bangs parting from moving too much.

     "Bolin, you all right?" Mako asked his brother.

     "Yes!" The earthbender clasped his hands in relief before extending them for a hug. "Mako, Cloudy, I love you!" Before he could even attempt to hug his older brother and the airbender, Mako seized him around his neck and dragged him off into the steam, Cloud following close behind.

     Cloud kicked the door as it flung open, scaring off a couple of birds as the trio minus Korra exited from the balcony and ran over the ladder. As the three began descending the ladder, Bolin being the first one, another person emerged from the door, running over to the same ladder as them. Cloud looked up from the top and found an Equalist fighter; the Lieutenant twirled his kali sticks before slamming them into the ladder, sending an electrical charge through it.

    She felt her hands slip from the railings as a tight yelp escaped from her lips, pain shooting up her head as she fell to the ground, landing with a grunt. As soon as the Lieutenant jumped down from the balcony with his kali sticks charged, he immediately released the electricity towards them, forcing the three to jump out of the way. She did not want to get electrocuted again.

     When the Lieutenant turned to her after attacking the brothers, Cloud airbent an air scooter and jumped on it, riding it fast as she tried to make him fall on the ground. He dodged right in time before she could touch him, returning her attack with a wave of charge from his kali sticks. Cloud braced herself for the impact, but a wall of concrete suddenly appeared in front of her. She glanced back and saw Bolin giving her a big smile and a wink, which she returned with a grateful grin.

     The airbender decided to go on the offensive since the Equalist seemed determined to end them. She rushed forward, standing in her usual airbending stance, and slowly twirled her arm around, the air rapidly gathering around her. Before he even knew it, Cloud had made a human-size tornado and then launched it toward the Equalist fighter.

     He was swept off by the tornado and hit the nearest brick wall, disorientating him for a moment. Her victory was short-lived when the Lieutenant got back up to his feet and released an unexpected electricity charged at her, which made her fall to the ground, again

     "Cloudy!" She heard the worried voices of the two brothers.

     Cloud tried to get up but winced when a searing pain shot up through her head as it lolled back to the ground. "Ugh. I'm fine," She groaned before suddenly exclaiming, "Finish him!"

     Korra saved them for the thousandth time, and Cloud was more than glad to see her. After sending the brothers back to their loft, the two girls went back to the Air Temple Island. The moon was bright when she looked up near the tower at the top of a hill. It was truly beautiful just like her grandfather Sokka said. She always loved to hear about the beautiful and kindhearted woman who turned into the moon. Adverting her attention from the moon, she saw Tenzin and two White Lotus sentries standing outside the temple as the duo approached them.

     "Thank goodness." Tenzin moved towards them, relief etched on his face. "I was just about to send out a search party. Are you two alright?"

    Cloud smiled tiredly at her uncle as she trudged towards him, then patted his shoulder with a small nod. "I'm going to sleep."

    Tenzin looked at her with worry across his face, but the twenty-year-old didn't give him enough time to interrogate her when she started walking away and back inside the house. He was a little worried because he rarely saw her sad and worn-out, but for whatever reason it was, he hoped everything would be okay. Cloud wasn't the type to be so negative all the time around other people, and I guess, that's what she gets from her father.