𝟭𝟴. prison break

AIR | CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

    𝐂loud was thrown inside a familiar confined space, grunting in the process when she dropped on her bottom, but not before sending a sarcastic smile at the crude officer

    𝐂loud was thrown inside a familiar confined space, grunting in the process when she dropped on her bottom, but not before sending a sarcastic smile at the crude officer. He obviously didn't return it as he metalbent the cable that coiled around her wrist to be removed before harshly closing the door shut, leaving her in the darkness. Cloud sighed under her breath, muttering something about those people who have the power but only to abuse it, doing things that were nowhere near good.

     She rubbed her wrists together to lessen the ache and the redness of her skin, although it didn't hurt as much. Trudging towards the decent cot, she sat on the edge and tucked her leg underneath her other leg, whistling a random tune she heard from her father. As if getting thrown into a jail cell wasn't anything new to her.

    But of course, she didn't stay long in her position since her hyperactive self could stand doing nothing at all. Meditation was the first thing she learned, and with the best teacher ever, she learned fast. Tenzin can be a pain sometimes but she truly loves her uncle like she does with almost everyone else in her life. She treasured people like they needed to be treasured. Those who've been good to her always have a special place in her wild, wild heart.

    Hours had passed since Cloud had been thrown inside the spookish cell along with her three other friends, also in their confinement room. When she realized she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, she carelessly fell asleep on the cot (hopefully no one had occupied it before her), and when she woke up, it was the next morning. She'd been there for a day, which was not new progress since the longest she had been detained was for a solid week and for a really silly reason.

     Cloud became ecstatic when her cell door was suddenly metalbent off its hinges. She came face to face with none other than the three of her friends and the former chief of police, Lin Beifong herself.

     "Who did you punch this time?" Lin questioned the airbender with an inconspicuously amused look on her face.

     Instead of answering, the airbender ran out of the room and tried to tackle her into a hug, exclaiming in delight, "My savior!"

    However, the grumpy woman simply moved aside, and if it wasn't for the firebender who caught her, she would've been smashed onto the wall. Despite this, the grin on her face didn't disappear as she regained her balance, Mako letting her go.

     "Korra's in trouble," Mako explained. "Amon captured her, but we're going to rescue her."

     After breaking out of the prison, the four teenagers and the former chief of police made their way to Tenzin's office in the city. Cloud had a sheepish look on her face as she trailed behind the others, waiting for her uncle's exploding reaction when he saw them.