𝟮𝟰. endgame

AIR | CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

     𝐂loud couldn't remember how many times someone made her unconscious, but it was a lot

     𝐂loud couldn't remember how many times someone made her unconscious, but it was a lot. The first thing she noticed was they were inside an unfamiliar warehouse, and the second thing was, Iroh and Bolin who were tied back to back. She looked around groggily and raised her arms but realized it was bounded, causing her to tug on it but to no avail. An irritated groan escaped her lips, throwing her head back in disbelief.

     "Blink if we've been captured by a psychotic group of morons," Cloud said hurriedly, feigning a serious tone after locking eyes with a certain earthbender who was facing her.

     Bolin, the young earthbender blinked continuously, and nodded repeatedly for dramatic effect, earning another glare from Hiroshi Sato.

     "The airplanes are ready for take-off, sir," An Equalist informed.

     Hiroshi turned to him. "Good, annihilate the fleet."

     An angry gasp left the two men and the former captain's lips, sharing a look of confusion and shock with each other. The expression on her face hardened as she bore a fierce glare at the back of his graying hair while he turned to the General of the United Forces he had captured right in front of him.

     "That's right, General. I intercepted your message to Commander Bumi," Hiroshi said smugly, causing Iroh to glare at him. "I know exactly where they're hiding." 

     Cloud clenched her jaw in anger and glowered at the old man when he turned to her with a smug expression on his face. 

     "I swear, if you even touch a piece of Commander Bumi's graying hair, I will destroy you," She spat, ignoring the belief that airbenders were supposed to be pacifists. She would never hesitate if it came to her family.

     Asami turned her attention towards them after her father left the warehouse. "How are we gonna get out of here?"

     Iroh looked at earthbender behind him. "I don't suppose you know how to metalbend?"

     "That is a negative, sir." Bolin shook his head, causing the older man to purse his lips.

     All of a sudden, Naga broke the warehouse door open. The polar bear dog ran over the jail door and broke it with her front paws as Pabu climbed onto Bolin's lap. The four ran out of the warehouse, no longer being discreet as they made plans pronto. Bolin was carried off by Naga and Asami jumped inside an empty mecha tank to control. Iroh managed to board one of the planes as he propelled himself up with blazes of fire coming out of his hands, throwing the pilot off before steering the plane on his own.

     His actions made a certain airbender chuckle under her breath. "Show-off."

     Meanwhile, Cloud was off to have a smashing session with the mecha tanks━after all she swore to Hiroshi that she would destroy him, and that included his works. She flew above the runaway as Bolin destroyed them with earthbending. Seeing her targets, she landed on her feet and immediately twirled her staff around and jabbed it in the direction of the mecha tanks standing in a straight line. 

     A strong and huge blast of air came barrelling towards the robotic machines as they fell on top of each other, successfully causing destruction. Asami had also defeated her father and captured him unconscious.

     After that, the three, along with Naga and Pabu, went back to their friends and families. Cloud stood next to Naga, watching them with a small sad smile on her face after she was told that Korra and Lin had lost their bending. The group stood on the dock, waiting as the sight of a massive ship with dragons on the front appeared. Cloud was about to burst from her excitement when she noticed her father, Commander Bumi, standing on the side of the ship.

     "Yay, Uncle Bumi's here!" Ikki beamed.

     The older man clapped his hands happily from the ship as he yelled out, "Waaaa-hoooo!"

    "Daddy!" Cloud grinned at him and vividly waved her arms at her father from afar. 

     Pabu even climbed on her shoulder, staring at the gigantic ship with big beady eyes. The smile on Bumi's face grew ten times wider at the sight of his only daughter. He sent her playful finger guns which she returned.

     Now if there was something she learned about her adventures; even though she had some troubles in the past with the people who surrounded her━it never stopped them from protecting each other. Her old friends and the new friends she made, the acquaintances and the strangers she crossed, they were a part of her story just as much as the world was. Without them, there would be no fantastic adventure that she would be able to tell to her grandchildren in the future, and Cloud really liked adventures.