Chapter 5

Bambina Point of View

My monkeywipe! He is so heavy. God I almost had few of my bones bend while carrying his unconscious body to my apartment.

After putting him on the sofa in the living room, I went into my room for the first aid kit to wrap his bloodied head. Piper is already deep asleep so I managed the stranger all by myself.

The stranger person is hurt but damn it looks like he is hurt from doing something thrilling.

I cleaned his wound, applied medicine and wrapped it neatly before talking three colorful marker pen and drawing some butterflies and flowers on it.

"What are you doing?" I heard a nimble voice coming from beneath me. I looked down to see that his eyes are now open and he has a smile on his face.

Many said that a single touch from me has washed away their pain, I guess it is true. He is hurt but with just touching him, he is smiling widely like a buffalo in a chewing gum advertisement.

I smiled back at him and checked him closely to see that he has dark circles around his eyes and his face has little hair on his chin. He looks good but also looks like he had not eaten anything from several days.

"Where are you employed?" I asked as I made him sit and unbuttoned his shirt. Pulling his shirt down, I saw that the line of his bones are seen and it felt so hard. "Do you even have meat on your body? How can your skin and bones hug each other?"

The stranger man cleared his throat and looked at me with half moon eyes. Is he long sighted? Why is he looking at me with half closed eyes and why is there water coming out of his mouth?

"You like it?" He asked me staring at me weirdly.

Like it? People do have strange qualifications for like. He looked so frail and most importantly, where is the meat on his body?

I poked his chest here and there and tested to see if I can find anywhere fluffy and thick but all I could touch is bones covered with thin layer of skin.

Surely he had nothing to eat from past many days if not for months and he need not tell me that he has no job.

He clearly looked too free.

"It is hard." I stated standing up. In a tray, I brought some food for him to eat so he could put on some innocent weight. He took it from my hand and ate it in mere one minute which made me feel proud of my cooking skills.

I found my liking for cooking after I watched an old show of hell where people who sinned were steamed and fried. From then on, I found interest in cooking.

But nothing can beat the Unofficial Masterchef of the hell.

"Thank you. I am Ale, by the way. What might be the beautiful's name?" Ale? As in the old English term for alcohol? How wonderful!

I want to have a beverage name too. It sounds cool. Maybe, soda, cider or soft drinks like cola?

"You can call me Bambina. It is nice meeting you Mr. Alcohol." I shook his hand as I introduced myself. "How did you get hurt on your head?"

Mr. Alcohol sighed and shook his head as he gave me a pitiful expression. "I was just standing on the roadside and a person who saw me did not like that I was standing there doing nothing so he hit me on the head."

Huh? So people cannot accept a jobless person standing on the road freely too?

How rude!

"You must have been gone through so much with no job and food to eat. Do you have a shelter?" I asked feeling very bad for him. He scrunched his nose and raised an eyebrow as he gaped at me.