Chapter 25

Bambina Point of View

"Pull the banner down!" I hollered as Oldie and Sergio cut the ribbon together and officially opened the new startup mafia gang.

Now that the ribbon cutting is over and the audiences are well seated in their respective places, it is time to reveal the name of the gang.

Ivan took the signal and pulled the rope that held the folded banner with the name. Sergio, my dear brother, love me for everything I'm doing for him so he allowed me to name the gang which is a wise decision because if he were to decide the name, he will go back to the old dated names that even Google might find hard to search.

In anything we do, trend is the most important thing.

The banner slowly unfolded revealing the name of the gang. At first, everyone is silent but then the whole arena erupted with claps, gasps and many whispers.

It was loud and clear that they liked the name with range of noise they are making.

"Is that a gang name? My mafia gang name is that?" Sergio cleared his throat and asked in a hoarse voice.

"Of course, out of the box, trendy and amazing right?" I asked gaining a look of utter disbelief from everyone.

They must be feeling how I was able to come up with a splendid name that can gain the attention of all the creatures.

"Who names a mafia gang with 'Sergio Returns with a gang'?" I know right! Wise and apt! By the look of absolute surprise in Sergio's blinking starry eyes, I can tell that he loved the name with mind, heart and soul.

Who wouldn't like such a name?

This is what people call 'branding by name'.

I read a couple of marketing books these few days to come up with promotional activities to popularize Sergio's gang and made a whole itinerary and plan of promotion.

"Sounds like 'Mummy returns'." Liam coughed out a laugh as he said.

How did he know that I took the inspiration from there?

Oldie sure has a great team of smart men.

"Nay, sounds like 'Evil dead returns'."

"Leprechaun returns" Theo and Jack piped in.

Sergio and Ivan looked like they are constipated from weeks as their faces looked constricted and their faces cemented even more when Oldie and Alcohol snickered in their hands.

Are they not eating enough? They look like they did not visit bathroom from many days.

"Don't you think the name is too obvious? Think carefully, this is obviously a gang that does illegal activities so mentioning gang in the name is dangerous for us. Not to mention, there is also my name in it." Sergio scratched the back of his head and walked to me.

But that is what marketing is. One should show off themselves and sell themselves to see their product. I read in those marketing books that this is an era of displaying your capabilities to your fullest to gain what you want.

"Don't worry, I had the name registered with the government and your business is stamped to carry forward. There will be no problem with the government. Moreover, you should be more open and transparent with public being the owner of your business. The name should strike their mind and people shouldn't forget it whatsoever."

The business registration officers did express their disapproval for giving an approval stamp for Sergio's gang but I did reason out with them telling them about the good motive behind the illegal activities.