Chapter 1 • Chances

(Disclaimer: I do not own the anime Naruto. I only own part of the plot, and a few other things. The credit goes to Masashi Kishimoto, who owns Naruto.)

Blood.
Bodies.
Darkness.
Silence.
Did reality hate him that much?
Was it this unforgiving, to the point where he had nothing.

No people. No village. No shinobi. At this point, he thought Kurama was dead as well. The fox hadn't said a word.

'Why?' Naruto thought. 'What? What's the point? Everything's gone. Madara's won. We have nothing. I have nothing.'

Naruto grabbed a bloody kunai. All of the flashbacks of his teams deaths came rushing to him.

-Flashback-

There was still a chance of winning. Madara's chakra was running out.

"Sensei!" Sakura screamed. Naruto looked into the direction of the noise. There was Kakashi. Stabbed by a kunai, in a vital point. Naruto ran.

They grabbed his body, looking at his features.
Blood staining his mask, blood on his vest, blood on the kunai he was stabbed with, but the wound was bigger then the kunai, which means someone must've twisted, and turned the kunai to add to the pain, and blood loss of the wound.
"I-I'll heal you Sensei.. then we'll all make it out of this war. Alive." Sakura stuttered, tears streaming down her face. They all had tears in they're eyes. Even Sasuke couldn't hold them back.

"N-n-o, Sakura. We all know I won't make it." Kakashi said, prying Sakura's arms away from his body.
"But Sensei!-" she tried to protest shakily.
"L-listen. Out of a-ll the teams, I-I'm glad I got you three.."

"Sakura. Your kindness, and thoughtfulness will always be accepted. Don't listen to other people. You'll always be strong, no matter what. Keep pushing yourself. It'll all be worth it in the end, I promise." Kakashi said, stuttering here and there.
"Y-yes Sensei.." Sakura said, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Sasuke. You're a strong person. Even though you may have taken the wrong path at some point, don't regret it... every choice has consequences, good or bad. You can't change what you've done. In the end, both you and Naruto realized, rivals can make the best friends. Stay friends. Brothers. Can you do that for me, Sasuke?" Kakashi said, then asked.
Sasuke, who was to depressed to talk, just nodded.

"Naruto. You've always been the pillar of this team. Stay that way.. don't become discouraged.. you're brave, and confident. Don't let anything bring you down. I believe that you will keep standing strong, no matter how hard things will get. Be there for your friends. You attract a lot of people. Keep them close. Okay?" Kakashi told Naruto.
"Right S-sensei.." Naruto answered, silently letting the tears drop.

"I love all three of you. Before I met you guys, I was hurt. Broken. This team mended my heart's wounds. I don't know where I would be without you guys. Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto. Stick together. Be there for each other. You three will always be in my heart, always. I. Love. You. All.." With one last breath, his heart stopped.

"No, no, no, no.." Naruto whispered, pinching himself to wake up from this terrible nightmare. "Don't go Sensei.. don't go.. please.. I need you.."

After Sensei's death, they had to push their emotions away. They needed to win. For their teacher, mentor. Their friend.

Naruto heard a thump not to far away from him, along with a, 'Sakura!'. He ran into the direction, thinking,
'Please, not again. Please..'
When he got there, he saw Sakura's limp body, but he didn't feel any chakra. Chakra exhaustion. He slid to her side, opposite of Sasuke.