Chapter 13: More Exasperating Pranks

There were a lot of pranks pulled. A good bunch of them that weren't mentioned in the previous chapters.

Like the time Wyatt's engine was plugged with a rubber ball. Kord was wondering why he crashed so much. He decided to check on the seat engine. Smoke filled the whole garage in seconds. Another time was when Junjie tried to pop a water balloon on Eli's head. But since he was standing on his toes, Jun was unable to reach him, thus filling his boots with water instead. Eli got back on him by sneaking Burpy in the shower head and telling him to superheat the shower. Jun came out with his whole chest red as if he got sunburnt while tanning. Even Joo-Joo couldn't resist tumbling over laughing.

Still another was when Eli snuck a super loud motion sensor into their room. Why? He told Burpy, "Seriously, if that sensor goes off, and both Jun and I are in there, blame Pronto." So the poor mole of the Shane Gang was complaining 24/7 for the next week. But it was the same week that was considered the most hot spot for pranks. Not bad weather, or super villains, or distress calls. Pranks, of all things down in SlugTerra. A harmonica in Kord's open mouth while he was asleep. Ice in the ceiling, melted by two giggling Infurnuses. The Aquabeek Beeker and the Frostcrawler Chiller teamed up to freeze the showers. Vines, webs and slime covering the whole house so they couldn't get out. Eli waking up to Jun's pillow taped to his head, what's worse is that it smelled like Jun.

All those were the work of the slugs. Eli learned later they were high on sugar.

He used "Pronto the scapegoat" or as he'd like to call him these days (If something goes wrong, #blamePronto) as the reason the slugs were on high the whole week. He thought he did it to smite the ones who blamed him for such an epic fail prank. Later, the slugs were all acting like floppers, but still powerful when they hit velocity, much to Eli's relief. Burpy too needed a break for some time (*It was at this moment The Little Infurnus was running out of ideas*) so the Gang decided to do the same thing. Trixie felt, no, she thought that since they were all relaxing, no pranks were to get in their way. It was a bed of roses for her.

The only time she felt the thorns was when she heard Pronto scream in frustration.

She groaned and jumped out of bed. Her thoughts clashed inside her head. Those two know better than to go fooling around. They should be relaxing. But Trix, no need to lose your head over this. You have to go easy, they're your friends. But then again, they've been blaming Pronto for the past few days. I have to break the cycle.

She did get back on them, but what came back to her was disastrous. "It was bad enough to cook my goose," she later recalls. "Those two splashed ice-cold water out of nowhere! Just wait till I get my hands on those-!" Her Tormato, Bluster, felt her frustration, so he deliberately sneezed a huge tornado which, well, literally, sent the whole Gang spinning across the room. Later Jun did regret putting all that glue up there, because when the windy madness died down, they found themselves stuck on the ceiling while all their stuff, including the flopping ladder, all on the floor. But at least the slugs were able to set the ladder and get their slinger friends down. But one thought alone ran through their heads like crazy.

Downtime's over.