Chapter 17: Truth Or Dare (But With A Twist)

They all got bored that afternoon. Later, thunder was heard, so they were all stormed in as the rain fell in torrents. They had to take in the wild slugs seeking shelter, at least they didn't mind. While the slugs hung out with each other, the Shane Gang decided to have a fun game of Truth or Dare. They were hoping Eli wouldn't be in. He's in the shower, what are the odds of him hearing them? Plus, the last time, they played this game, they got tortured because he was giving them all the dares. They really hoped he wouldn't join.

No such luck. He was in and out of the shower in 3 minutes. "Did someone say Truth or Dare?" He asked sweetly. Groans were heard as he took his position in the circle. "I'm in." But this time, they added a seriously bad twist to it. If someone chose Truth and was asked a personal question and that question was answered, they would have to figure out if that person was being honest. If he wasn't he was to be tortured. If they chose Dare, on the other hand, they would perform the dare and was to be rated on a scale of 1-20. If they got 9 and above, they're in the clear. If they got 8 and below, they would have to do it again. Five times.

Pronto volunteered to start with a Dare. "Speak sluggish for the rest of the week." The mole protested-in sluggish, mind you. They rated him a measly 10-16 score.

Junjie was picked. He chose Dare. "Okay, I dare you to jump off the roof and land on your feet!" Eli said, laughing. The other members of the Shane Gang grabbed their whiteboards, erasers and markers and headed outside. Jun jumped off with a stunning double backflip and landed on his feet, against all odds! Boards were raised. Eli's, Kord's and Trixie's held 20 as the score. Pronto on the other hand had 17.

Trixie's turn. She didn't want to do anything stupid, so she went for truth. "What do you think of us, respectively?" That was enough to make Jun turn crimson red and shut him up with tape. "Honestly, I-" she stammered, flustered from head to toe. "Pronto, despite the terrible cooking and the stupid actions, he's a very skilled tracker." Pronto himself dashed to his room. "Junjie is the most entertaining prankster I've seen. A lot of slugslingers around here are way too serious to be like him." Jun blushed. "Kord here knows his pride as a cave troll, in fixing and upgrading out Mecha-Beasts. Yet he still humbles himself and submits to the Shane's power." Kord started whipping away tears of joy. They noticed, but he said, "Oh it's the damn onions." (Onions shown beside him) Trix giggled and went on with the final part of her speech. "Speaking of Eli, honestly...he is one of the most powerful slugslingers in the history of SlugTerra. But on our side, he's very gentle, protective, fun to be around with, and definitely handsome for a Shane." Kord shook his head. "That's enough to make his dad jealous of him." They all knew she was being the most honest.

Eli was roused from his thoughts when Pronto gave him an extra hard shove. He quickly chose Truth. "Is there anything or anyone you missed in your life?" He sighed. "I missed a lot of things from the Surface. I miss my Uncle Jimmo, who took good care of me and Burpy to the day I turned 15. I miss my mom, who left me when I was 10, shortly after my dad disappeared. I think she went down here to loom for him, but remained hidden because she knew I was to be the next Shane. But most importantly, I miss my dad. Though he was constantly in and out of home, he worked hard to find ways to spend time with me. I really wish he was here." Silence blanketed the household as they remembered how Will Shane had protected the Caverns before and during Dr. Blakk's evil reign. He fell down and disappeared after a duel with Blakk himself, but he had the time to shoot Burpy and have him fly to his son.

A loud clap of thunder woke them all, so they readily assumed their game. Kord volunteered to go for a dare. Pronto and Junjie told him to stand outside in the rain for 15 minutes. The powerful cave troll resisted, but the whole team shoved him out the door in minutes. When he came back, on the boards were hilarious scores of 14, 12, 13 and 15.