Chapter 6: The Hilarious Power Of Helium

Eli couldn't have been more embarrassed in his life. He knew he and Junjie had knacks for pranks, but this has gone too far. It happened in public, embarrassing himself in front of many others.

It all started yesterday after they got into the grocery. They were heading for the counter when Junjie held up a balloon. "Time to inhale this," he said with a casual grin on his face. Eli had no idea what it was until he started speaking. He had never felt worse in his life. Why had he been so blind? His teenage friends pulled this off in school almost everyday on him!

He knew he was going to try taking Trixie out on a date (another Junxie although I ship more Elixie; is he trying to steal her?!) later. He used this to get revenge on that embarrassing time in the store. Everybody around him laughed at that time, causing his cheeks to turn crimson red, making him all the more innocently handsome.

He saw the slug-fu master about to approach her, but the prank would've failed if he didn't get to him in time. "You know me too well, Jun," Eli said, then he held up the helium-filled balloon. The other slinger's eyes widened, then he shook his head. No, no, no, not now, please, he thought. This date will fail!

He took it, his hands shaking with fear. If this fails, it's all YOUR fault! Eli was laughing as Trixie stared at him bewildered while the others stifled giggles. When she said "ok, I'll go get Boomer ready," and left, everybody else burst into laughter. Junjie sighed and whispered to Joo-Joo, "Well, all's well that ends well."

When the date was over he pinned the giggling prankster teen to the floor before he had a chance to run. Eli lost his breath for a second, then later his captor groaned as Jellyish slime was spit in his face. Eli took time to breathe, then whispered, "Thanks, Goober." Beside him, the slimer winked at him, promising to help him out on this prank war.

But he wasn't finished. So far, everybody else had done a double. The Shane was ready to break those records.