Chapter 2

As Poppy started to walk, she felt two hands on her waist that lifted her up from behind and spun her around. She giggled, knowing who was behind her. Once she got put down, she tuned around to meet the sky blue eyes of her boyfriend. Branch smirked and said, "You headed to the meeting?" Poppy nodded. "This is the first one, and I hope everything goes well." Branch took her hand and said, "It'll go just fine. You're the best queen I've ever seen."

With that, Poppy blushed slightly. Branch always knew how to get her to blush, and he found it adorable. Poppy then hugged him, saying, "Bye!" and skipped her way to the meeting. It had only been about a week since Poppy and Branch confessed how they felt towards each other, and Poppy was very grateful to have him by her side.

Arriving at Pop Stage, she saw that everyone was already there. I hope I'm not late, Poppy thought. She hated being late. If she was late,  the rulers greeted Poppy like she wasn't and they all walked inside the pod.

Settled in a circle, Poppy started the meeting. "Hi everyone, it's good to see you all. How's everything been going at home?" King Trollex answered first. "Back at Techno Reef, the techno trolls are doing good. Besides the occasional reef hunters, which we handle all the time, we're all good."

Delta Dawn was next. "Lonesome Flats has been pretty normal. All the Country trolls are fine," the mayor said. Then King Quincy and Queen Essence spoke. "The Funk trolls are doing just fine," Quincy said. "It's been the usual." Essence added, "And Cooper says hello," with a nod at Poppy. The half-Funk, half-Pop troll had decided to switch between Vibe City and Pop Village homes; he didn't want to leave either of them, and he was staying with his brother this week.

Everyone asked Poppy about Pop Village, so she said, "Everything is actually really well here!" Barb decided to tease he queen and said, "How are things between you and boy toy?" Poppy's cheeks tinted red at this, thinking about her relationship with Branch. Barb smirked, knowing she's get this reaction out of her.

"He's been by my side, supporting me, now that I'm queen," she replied. Changing the subject, she asked the queen of Rock, "How's everything in Volcano Rock City?" That's when Barb started to get nervous, thinking about her home. It had been rough the past few days....

Wow, these chapters are short! Anyways, I wonder why Barb is nervous. >:) Hehe, you'll have to wait. And it gets better!

Have a good day! ~Rain 💙