Chapter 13

The sound of trolls roaming around the village woke the queen. Oh, sugar! She thought. She had fallen asleep in the meadow. Trying to remember what she was supposed to do today, she thought, Double sugar! She was supposed to be at Volcano Rock City today.

She rushed to her pod and quickly changed her dress, grabbing a cupcake on the way out. She sprinted out of the village and slowed her pace once she was out of the village. She walked for a while, but it never took too long to get to another type of music's territory from Pop Village; they were in the middle of all of them.

After a while, Poppy finally arrived at the volcano. She noticed that the other tribe leaders were already there. She waved at them, and they waved back. They seemed to notice that the optimistic queen didn't have a bounce in her step like usual, and not as much energy.

Queen Essence asked, "You seem upset. What's on your mind?" Poppy tried to shrug it off, but, like the rest of her friends, they were all very supportive and wanted to help. They wouldn't let her be unhappy. Trollex said, "Poppy, something's obviously bothering you. We want to help."

Poppy gave in and said, "It's about Branch." They all looked at her with a curious look in their eyes, wanting more details. Sighing, she continued. "I woke up late yesterday, and I got stressed out because of the things I had to do, so I went to him for help. He seemed like he didn't want anything to do with me at the time, and he yelled at me. We haven't spoken since."

Barb said, "You two have already fought, haven't you?" Poppy winced at the memory. "That was before we started to date. Now, when we have a little quarrel, it's a bigger issue than if we were just friends." Barb just shook her head, confused at the queen's relationship.

"Anyways, we should watch the volcanoes. If we see something, we need to capture it/them," Barb said. She looked at Poppy, waiting for her to say they should just give them a hug instead, but she only kept silent, nodding her head.

They all split up into groups. "Quincy and I will take one volcano," Essence said. Trollex asked, "Can I get the coolest volcano? I don't work well with hot, dry environments." He motioned to his tail, meaning he had to stay hydrated and cool. Barb showed him the volcano that's not so hot. Barb said, "Popsqueak, you're with me." She led Poppy to a volcano that they would monitor together.

"Yo, while we're over here, we need to talk," Barb said once she made sure they were alone.