Chapter 15

~In Volcano Rock City~

Poppy was confused. "Talk about what?" She asked. Barb sighed. "Look, I know it doesn't seem like the type of advice I'd give, but you need to fix things with boy toy," Barb said. Poppy tilted her head like a curious puppy. "How would you help with that?" Barb said, "If he really loves you, he probably wouldn't stay mad at you for long. And if you're upset with him, think about what he does for you to calm you down when you're upset. Imagine him and the things he does for you. If you imagine him doing that when he isn't here for you, you should feel at least a little bit better after that."

Poppy was surprised at the advice the rock troll was giving her. "Wow," was all she could say. Barb said, "Try it. It might help." So Poppy closed her eyes and imagined Branch rubbing her back, or cuddling with him at sunset. She was shocked at how well it worked. She relaxed at the thought of Branch.

"Well?" Barb asked. She took Poppy's smiling for a positive sign. When she opened her eyes, Poppy said, "Thanks, Barb. By the way, where'd you learn that? Riff?" Barb replied, "Pfft. Please. Riff?" I go solo, you know." It was Poppy's turn to tease. "So you're not with him?" She liked provoking Barb. "Popsqueak, seriously? He's just a stupid drummer," Barb said.

"Anyways, we're supposed to be keeping an eye on the volcano, remember?" "You're the one who started it," Poppy pointed out. Suddenly, they heard Trollex shout, "Barb! Poppy! Somebody!" They looked at each other and ran towards the volcano he was guarding. "Trollex, what is it?" Trollex pointed as he spoke. "I saw someone over there. I don't know where he is now, though."

Poppy and Barb ran in the direction Trollex had pointed in. After a few minutes, they still couldn't find anyone. They headed back when they had been walking for a while. "Sorry, Fishy, we didn't see anything over there," Barb said. Trollex said, "That's okay. You should probably get back to your volcano, anyway."

So that's just what they did. At the volcano, Poppy asked, what do you think he saw?" Barb shrugged. "I dunno. But whoever it was, they shouldn't mess with me or my volcanoes unless they know what's good for them," she said.

Barb hadn't even finished her sentence when the two heard a rumbling beside them. They saw a figure running away from them, but they couldn't make out who it was. But they had more pressing matters on their hands: the volcano had started to erupt.