Chapter 10

Poppy sat on her bed, crying. Why did Branch yell at her? He seemed almost grumpier than before he got his true colors back! This wasn't like him, and Poppy wanted to help, but he said he wanted a break. She was still thankful that he hadn't broken up with her. She didn't think she could handle that. He was the one who helped her with her queen duties, whether he did them with her or she just took one look at him and knew everything was okay.

The snack pack was walking by he pod and heard crying. They looked at each other to see if the heard it too, then they looked inside the queen's pod. They saw her sobbing and knocked. They wanted to see what was wrong and help her. Unfortunately, the only thing that could help her was the thing is that caused this mess.

Poppy heard the knock and said softly, "Come in." They all say around her. "Hello, Queen Poppy. What's wrong?" Biggie asked. Legsly asked, "Want to talk about it?" Satin asked, "Was it all the pressure?" Poppy responded, "Yes... No... I don't know..." Chenille then asked, "Was it Branch?" Poppy froze. They all took that as a yes.

Cooper (who was living in Pop Village this week) said, "I thought you said he couldn't make you unhappy." Poppy tensed up, remembering she had indeed said that.

Flashback

Poppy, Branch, and their friends were hanging out. Barb was there, too. It was about a day or two since Poppy and Branch had started dating. They were all just chatting, and Poppy and Branch were holding hands, new to this relationship. Barb of course wanted to tease the couple, so she said, "You two aren't going to o be separated anytime soon, are you?"

Poppy rolled her eyes playfully. "Of course we are. We aren't stuck like glue." Branch added in her ear, "But we could act like we are," with a smirk. Poppy said, "Only if I didn't have to be queen." Then she turned back to the snack pack. "Though, he couldn't make me unhappy if he tried," she joked. Barb rolled her eyes at the lovebirds. The rest just smiled.

End of Flashback

Thinking about this, Poppy said, "I guess I was wrong..." Legsly asked, "What did he do?" Poppy took a deep breath and said, "He yelled at me. He said some... harsh things to me. I only asked for help since I woke up late." They had some empathy for the troubled ruler. "Do you want some time alone?" Poppy nodded, so they walked out. She sighed, wondering what to do now.