Chapter 7

Poppy woke up smiling from the night before. As she got out of bed, Poppy's smile faded when she remembered all of the tasks she had to do today. Her face lit up again hearing Branch's words in her head: I'll always be here if you need anything. She figured Branch would be able to help her out. She got with her tasks for today, and soon after she started, Branch approached her. "Oh, hi, Branch!" Poppy said. "Hey, do you think you could meet me at my pod after this? I should be done soon." Branch said, "Of course." After Poppy thanked him, Branch decided to wait at Poppy's pod for her.

At the pod, Branch wanted to have a look around it. He was looking, and he found some scrapbooks lying around. Branch picked them up and flipped them open. He liked what he saw. It was a scrapbook version of Poppy and Branch. They were holding hands. Then he realized when this scrapbook was made: it was the day she became queen.

That day, Branch had helped Poppy get her colors back when she was sad. He had sang "I love you," but that was more of a best friend's love. They had become best friends that day. Branch hadn't had feelings for her. Yet this scrapbook proved she had been interested in him for a while!

Then he heard a voice: "You know, it's not nice to snoop through other people's things." Startled, Branch dropped the scrapbook. He turned around to see Poppy leaning against the door with a smirk, arms folded. Then she walked over and picked up the scrapbook.

"Y'know," she said to Branch, "I knew you were the one for me when your colors came back. I saw that you would be a good troll once you started to socialize again. You seemed like a nice troll underneath that shell. You were my best friend, and you did everything with me. My feelings grew, and when we fought during Barb's World Tour, I hated to lose you. You even sacrificed yourself for me, expressing your love. I appreciated it, and when you told me you had feelings for me, it truly made me really happy. So, since you're always there for me, just know that I'm also here for you, too."

This warmed Branch's heart. He was really speechless. All he could do was smile warmly and say, "Thank you, Poppy." He held out his arms, hoping to receive a hug.  Poppy embraced him, and loved every moment of it. Pulling away from her arms, Branch said, "So, what did you want to say to me?"