Chapter 4

Poppy tried to stay calm as she grabbed the letter the little bat had in her mouth. She opened it, and it read:

Yo, Popsqueak, there's something weird going on over here. I need you over here ASAP. Actually, screw that, we need all the leaders at Pop Village. Write back.

~ Queen of Rock, Barb

Poppy rushed to grab one of her glitter pens and wrote, Barb, I will write 2 everyone. Come over as soon as u can. I'll be waiting. ~ Queen Poppy. She gave the letter to Debbie, and as soon as she let go of the paper, she wrote to Trollex, Delta, and King Quincy/Queen Essence and sent them off. Now all she could do was wait anxiously.

Just then, Branch walked into the pod. "Hey, Poppy." Poppy smiled when she saw him. He took her mind off the problem immediately. "Hi Branch!" She went in for a hug, but Branch beat her to it. He laughed; he knew Poppy would be surprised because she's usually the one to give the hugs.

When he pulled back, he asked, "Want to go get ice cream?" Poppy's eyes widened. "Ooh, yes!" Then remembered: "Oh, wait, I can't, we're having this impromptu meeting because Barb needs something, it's about the volcanoes, and it seems very important." Branch, slightly disappointed, said, "That's alright, I'll wait," and winked. Poppy melted at this. She loved when he did that. "See you later, then," she said, and gave him one more hug before he left.

Soon after, Barb arrived. "Is everyone here yet?" She asked. "No, not yet," Poppy replied. "Oh, okay, cool, cool," Barb said, trying to stay calm.  A few minutes later, the two friends saw the rest of the leaders arriving.

"Okay, now that everyone's here, we can start the meeting, Barb," Poppy said. They went to Pop Stage and went inside the pod that hung above it. Wondering what they were all doing there, Quincy asked, "Why are we here?" The other royals nodded in agreement. This meeting was very last minute. Poppy said, "I'm sure we're all wondering why we are gathered her right now. I am, too. Barb?" Poppy gestured to Barb, motioning for her to explain.