Chapter 3

"Um, well, there might be something we should be worried about. The volcanoes at home are being really active," Barb said. "Uh, aren't you guys, like, immune to the heat?" The king of the Techno trolls asked. Barb replied, "Yes, but no. We got used to the heat of the inactive volcanoes; they're never active. Now, these volcanoes are really active, and we might overheat."

Poppy, being the optimistic troll she is, spoke up and said, "I could visit you in Volcano Rock City two or three times a week to make sure you're okay!" Remembering that she should listen to them first, she added, "If that's ok with you, of course." Barb nodded and said, "Starting today." Poppy smiled, glad that the rock troll had accepted.

All the leaders were satisfied, so they agreed to do this next week, and left, except for Barb. Poppy said, "Wait right here, I'm gonna gonna be right back." Barb raised an eyebrow. "Where to?" Poppy blushed and left without answering.

~

Poppy found Branch and waved. "Branch!" she called. She hugged him and Branch said, "Hi Poppy, what are you doing here?" She responded, "I wanted to let you know that I'm going to Volcano Rock City to help Barb with something." Branch smiled at his queen. "Okay. See you later then?" Poppy nodded and pulled him into a hug. "See you later." Branch hugged her back and said, "Be safe. Love you." He smiled. Poppy pulled away from the hug and returned the grin. "Love you, too," said walking back to Barb.

The two queens headed to the rock troll's home. Once they landed, Barb led her friend towards the volcano. She helped Poppy inspect the volcano, and took her to do the same thing at the others. When they were done, Poppy said, "Well, everything looks good. If you see anything weird, send Debbie to me. I won't give her a makeover this time." She laughed. "Will do. Thanks, Popsqueak," Barb said.

~

For the next few weeks, Poppy visited Barb to help her with the volcanoes. When she wasn't helping or having the weekly meeting, she was taking care of the village, and of course, spending time with Branch. The young queen was very grateful that he was supportive of her. She needed all the support she could get.  Everything was pretty calm and normal, until one day, Queen Poppy saw Debbie flying towards her. Oh no, the pink troll thought. She got worried. Debbie was only supposed to come if there was something to be worried about. What could it be?