Chapter 16

~ Pop Village ~

"... Let me tell you something: if she  really is the one for you, she either wouldn't be too upset because she's understand you, or she'd be really upset with you because you don't usually act like this. Either way, she'll definitely want an apology," Prince D said.

Branch thought about this. He said, "But I don't know what I would even say to her." D responded, "If I'm correct, she's your girlfriend, and you hang out with her all the time. You should know exactly what to say. Even if you don't, I'm sure it'll come to you. If you truly love her, you shouldn't even have to think about it, and the words will start spilling out."

Branch was glad Prince D had come. This was all very helpful. "Thanks, D," Branch said. "Now I just need to wait for her to come back." The Funk prince suggested, "We could hang until they're done." Branch agreed. He said, "Here, I want to show you the park that opened a few days ago."

Branch led his friend to the park. They hung out for a while, playing games and chatting. At one point, they played freeze tag, but Branch seemed a little lost in thought. "Yo, you're not even paying attention!" Prince D said. Branch apologized, "I'm sorry, it's just that... This is Poppy's favorite game, and it feels different without her..." He then asked his friend, "Did your parents say anything about how long they would be there?"

The prince tried to remember. "Actually," he said, "I did hear them saying that they might be there for... A while." Branch understood what "a while" meant. He sighed. That was part of being a monarch. It's also what Poppy feared. She feared that one of her queen duties would cost something she valued, but Branch didn't know that. He said, "If that's the case, maybe I could send her a letter...? It's probably not as good as in person, but it's something."

Prince D said, "If you really want to, I guess you could, but you could also wait to did it in person." He added, "It's sweet of you for wanting to do it as soon as possible." Branch half-smiled. "I mean, I love her. I can't stand to have her mad at me, or just mad in general."

All of a sudden, they heard a rumbling in the distance. Branch immediately went all defense-y. Prince D got worried. "What was that?" He asked. "I don't know....." Branch responded. They looked around, then they noticed something. D said, "Wait... Doesn't that sound like it's coming from... Volcano Rock?"

Branch listened in the direction of the city. His eyes widened. "Oh no," he said.