IV

"I knew that you'd find her!" Naomi mocked, and I ignored her as I knocked on Harold's door.

"Come in."

As I sank down on one of the seats, he lit his cigar, and took a slow drag.

"And?" He exhaled the cloud of smoke in my direction.

We all love smoking, so thank you very much Harold.

I held my breath for a beat, and shuddered when tasting the bitter nicotine deposit in my throat.

"Nothing."

"Were you even trying? I'm starting to think I should've sent Naomi."

"Have a little faith, Sir. There was nothing pointing towards their involvement with the Lady in Red."

But then I recalled Tess' attitude towards the name. I mean, the woman was right...but her weirdness was visibly off.

Or maybe that's who she is?

What about Marisol?

"Earth to Kyle."

"Sir."

"I said, what else have you come up with besides that?" He questioned with a constipated look.

"Well, Olivia Forest is an extremely passionate woman who enjoys owning an impressive estate. She gave me a little insight to her journey. And Denise," I dared to laugh, but he deadpanned...Oh Denise.

"Denise?" He repeated crisply.

"Denise is fierce and strongly opinionated too—very refreshing sight."

A little scary as well.

"Is it enough for publishing an article?"

"I mean, yeah—"

"Yeah," he echoed for the second time since the day began, savoring the raw taste of his cigar with desperation.

"Who was the third?"

"Tess Salander," I grimaced, "New York Fashion Week is coming up; I'm sure Naomi would enjoy flying there."

I certainly didn't give two shits when it came to fashion, let alone give people my two cents.

"Interesting...Well I'm sure you can write an article about what you found out today, and go for this Fashion Week too."

Such a huge conspirator—Harold the Conspirator!

"Of course."

"But we still need a lead for this Lady in Red," he suddenly pointed at me, "You know what, I have a job for you today."

He dropped the remnants into the silver ashtray as I watched him with dread.

"Again?"

"Again."

FUCK!

"Okay."

"You will go on a stake-out tonight with Tony and find whatever you can about the Lady in Red. I'll call one of my good friends from the Police Department to give us an insight to where she's usually seen."

"So, why don't they capture her?"

"If it were that easy, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing that!"

"But I have the article you want me to write."

"You have more than enough time right now."

"Okay."