prologue

prologue

Roman Holiday: an occasion on which enjoyment or profit is derived from others' suffering or discomfort.

Lyra had been expecting the war to begin since 4th year when Cedric Diggory's body arrived back at Hogwarts with a sobbing Harry Potter. 

She expected to be a bigger part than she wanted when she joined the DA and found out her mother was Cassiopeia Avery, was a member of Voldemort's inner circle.

She knew she might not make it out of this war alive when she watched Sirius Black disappear through a translucent curtain.

Lyra Knight rarely ever backed down from anything, and this war was no exception to her poor impulse and incredible stubbornness. But despite how stubborn she could be, Lyra could not have prepared for this. Because it was about more than just a battle with evil.

It was about what evil would try to do to her. About what it could do to her. Because evil wanted to destroy her until it could control her. 

She was evil's Roman Holiday, and so was Blaise Zabini.

Blaise Zabini was born the embodiment of Slytherin. 

Rich, proud, beautiful, powerful. 

And he would be the perfect addition to Voldemort's circle.

Except Blaise couldn't care less about the Dark Lord's cause, he just wanted to finish Hogwarts and get a job like other students and maybe have a few regular relationship.

But with the war rising, Blaise's dreams are the least likely thing and he has to push his emotions down to protect himself. Because as a Slytherin, self preservation was key.

Because if not, he would easily be swept away by evil. 

Evil that wanted to hurt him, take from him, just to please itself. Just to make him into the perfect Slytherin, the perfect addition to Voldemort's army. 

He was evil's Roman Holiday, and so was Lyra Knight.