chapter 4

chapter 4

"in the plain sight, plain sight,
like stars in hiding"

   -Zara Larsson

Blaise knew how dangerous returning to Hogwarts was this year. And sure, a part of him was skeptical for returning, especially as a pureblood Slytherin known for being rich and family blood prejudice.

Still, he felt better the second he landed in the platform, her mother pressing one kiss into each of his cheeks before leaving again. Blaise pulled his luggage onto the train, trying not to notice the many parents who actually stayed until the train would leave.

He also tried not to look around for Lyra, he still had his pride, something that would definitely crumble if he looked around for her. So he forced himself to not look out of the train windows towards the many families.

It was different this year, he noticed. Parents were taking longer in holding their children, majorly the ones he recognized as muggleborns or half bloods. He looked away and began walking down the aisle, pretending not to notice the small glares sent his way.

Really Blaise wished he could snort because these were a bunch of Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors, throwing angry glances every time he passed one of their compartments. Really, it was ridiculous that his house was enough reason to believe there was a mark under his sleeve or that he would kill them all, if he had the chance.

Fucking ridiculous.

"Oi! Zabini." He turned towards the voice and nodded as Theo approached. "Good summer?"

Blaise shrugged "As good as it gets. You?"

Theo shrugged back, "My parents still won't get off my back about the OWLs. They even found out about Draco's and Daphne's results. She got all O's minus one E."

Blaise chuckled, "I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Nott reacted well."

"Hardly. I got a tongue lashing and had to promise better results this year as preparation for my NEWTs."

Blaise was about to reply, probably to tease Theo a bit more, but then he walked past Lyra's compartment. And every thought flew out of his damn head. He smiled into it, thankfully Zara and Fay were the only others inside.

Lyra smiled back but before he could react he was being shoved forward. He turned to glare at Theo but he was too busy making a kissy face into a compartment. He heard three snorts from inside and smiled at Lyra's giggle.

"You look like a love sick puppy." Theo said, pushing past him to walk ahead.

Blaise punched his arm, "Shut up."

He ignored the 'love sick puppy' comment.

They finally found a compartment, towards the back where the Slytherin's usually sat. Draco was already waiting in one with Crabbe and Goyle, he sat stony faced while the others talked.

"Hey." Theo said, plopping down across from Crabbe, Blaise sat next to him and across from Draco.

Goyle and Crabbe grunted in greeting and Draco nodded back.

"Don't you have a prefect meeting?" Blaise said, staring at Draco who's eyes were focused on the window.

"I renounced my badge." He said, still staring out the window. Before Blaise would respond Millicent, Daphne, Pansy, and Astoria walked in.

"Hey Draco." Pansy said, she stayed at the door while Daphne and Astoria sat in the seats next to Blaise and Theo. "Are you coming to the prefect meeting?"