Chapter 18

Heyyy Guyssssss
I'm back
How are you all doing?
Stay safe please!
Okay let's start..
________________________

AAYAT'S POV

That donkey! What the hell does he even think of himself? Bloody idiot. Pehle toh khud itne din ignore karta hai, aur ab out of nowhere, itna possessive act kar raha hai. I mean, what kind of bipolar behaviour is this dude? After ages, there was finally a boy who was talking to me in the college, aur in bhaisaab ko usse bhi problem hai. Matlab kya hai? Na khud baat karega aur na dusro ko baat karne deta hai. And omg !the way he was glaring at Farhan the other day seemed as if he would just beat him any moment. Ab us bichare ne kya kar diya iska? But hey, that's not the problem. The problem is why has he been ignoring me ever since that day. I didn't do anything wrong. Did I?

Ughhh ever since that day Zayan Asad Khan hasn't left my mind even for once. Everytime he looks at me, my heart flutters and I feel all jittery, it feels so weird, weirdly correct. Those black charcoal orbs scream to be looked at. And once I look into them uhh that feeling. It feels so right..... Shit what am I even thinking? Noooo how can I do this ewww cheeee, I am crushing on my cousin? And that too ZAYAN? Stop it Aayat! I should probably stop reading romantic novels, they are not helping in any way. Because I hate Zayan and will always hate him because that is my motto of life. Not in a bad way but dude he is Zayan and how could anyone even like him?

Well every single girl literally drools at him. Girls used to literally throw themselves at him in college, remember? And now even you have a crush on him! My subconscious mocked me.
Nooo  I don't!

Why is this happening with me? Itne saal tak sab sahi tha. But jaise hi ye Hyderabad gaya sab gadbad ho gayi. Gaya hi tha toh vapas kyu aya. Nahi aata toh better tha, at least mein itni confused toh nahi hoti. I have never been so confused as I am right now in twenty years of my life. This is the first time ever in my life that I am hiding something from Aisha, not practically hiding but yeah I haven't told her yet about my stupid little tiny Miny crush on my cousin. She does give me those suspicious glares but I shrug saying it's nothing. Obviously it's not nothing but I don't know what it is.

Zayan Asad Khan what are you doing to me?

***********************

I was called downstairs for dinner, as after coming back from college I headed straight away and went to my room. I was in a terrible mood after our little argument which happened in the car. It was all his fault, he scared that poor soul for no reason. Feroz was just talking to me in a friendly way. I was standing there, waiting for someone to come and pick me up. And being such a gentleman offered me a ride but I declined it. And  he was just standing there to accompany me so that I don't get bored. But I don't know what this stupid cousin of mine saw ,that he literally killed him with his glares. And after that he had the audacity to say that I shouldn't talk to him. Like seriously?

Everyone is having the dinner silently, what is his problem? Why is he looking at me? I seriously regret taking the seat opposite to him. But hey it's not my fault, we have been assigned these places since the start. Can't help it.
Yaar isko please koi bole mujhe nahi dekhe or else I'll seriously kill him. His staring is not at all helping me, it's just making me uncomfortable.

"Aayat aap kuch khaa kyu nahi rahi, beta?" Beejaan asked me. Aapka ladla mujhe dekhna chodega tab khaungi na. And that's when I realised, I have been playing with my biryani and instead of using a spoon I was using a fork. Seriously Aayat? Now this was just too much. I sheepishly smiled at her.

"Nahi beejaan, aisa kuch nahi hai, mein kha rahi hu." I replied to her politely.

"Mujhe toh nahi lagta. Akhir kiske khayalo me gum hai?" Daniyal smirked as he asked and glanced between me and Zayan. Making Zayan choke on his food. Ab isko kya hua?

"Aram se bhai aram se koi Jaldi Nahi hai." Daniyal patted his back and smirked. What's up with him now?

"Th-Thanks," Zayan said and glared at him.

"Zayan, are you okay?" Inaaya Bhabhi asked worriedly. And before he could reply my brother jumped in between.

"Ha Zayan, are you okay?"
Bhai asked innocently.

"Yes, I am." Zayan gritted his teeth. There is something for sure going on between both of them.

"Acha ab use chodo, he's fine, Aur apne khane par focus karo." Adeel bhai said, and Dani pouted. Seriously, how old is he 5?

Soon enough we were done with our dinner along  Zayan's creepy stares and Daniyal bhai's childish comments. I swear he behaves like a kid at times.

I decided to have a stroll in the garden and talk to Aisha, the only person who could help me clear my mind. As I was about to dial her number, there was a tap on my shoulder making me startled.
As soon as I turned to check who it was. I came face to face with the devil, the last person I wanted to talk to right now. Zayan.

"Kya hai?" I scowled.

"I am sorry"

"You should be." I said and turned back to what I was doing. He moved and came beside me, our shoulders almost touching. Don't freak out, it's normal we are cousins it's fine. And also I am mad at him right now, it shouldn't bother me.

"Look I am sorry okay? I know I went a little overboard but what is my fault in that. You were standing so close to him, his arm was resting on your shoulder and you seemed pretty comfortable with it. Whereas when I had placed my arm behind your neck you had a problem with it. I don't know something within me happened and I couldn't stop myself from doing that. I just couldn't." His explanation, made  me melt. I couldn't help but smile. He's just too cute. I shook my head to clear all the wrong thoughts I had. He just did this because he thinks of me as his sister and here what was, I even thinking. Damn I'm so messed up right now.

"It's Okay, it was not your fault. You did what you felt was right. Also I am sorry for snapping at you in the car, I really didn't mean to yell at you." I told him, well it was partly true i was not going to snap at him but uhh.... And he just smiled, and shook his head. He just looks so.. so Perfect. I can't help but stare at him. I didn't realise I was staring at him since so long, I tore my gaze from him and looked anywhere but him. My cheeks burnt with embarrassment. Ughhh why do I always end up in a situation like this? This is so embarrassing . And So I did the best I could get myself to. I ran from there!
And I swear I heard him chuckle and a faint you will be the death of me. My heart missed a beat thinking if he really said that. No no no I am imagining too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day was unusually busy, everyone was busy with their respective work. The ladies were in the kitchen, preparing tons of dishes. I wonder who's coming? Phupho? No, she came a few days back.....Aisha? No, she would have informed me before coming. And before I could finish, I heard my least favourite voice.

"Salam everyone!!" A voice boomed in the hall.
_______________________

Author's note
Holaaaaa mis amigasss!
(How was it you guys? Aayat's pov finally. What do you guys think? Do comment
New entry peeps!!! What do you guys how is he/she gonna be?
Are they gonna be an important part of the story?
Be ready Someone's going to get super jealous in the upcoming chapters.)

Please remember to vote and leave a feedback if you enjoyed:)
Thank you
Ananya M.