Chapter 35 - "Let's clean up this mess."

Dominic dropped into a crouch, pinching the bridge of his nose while Clint stared at Taylor, stunned. Taylor rushed to fill the moment of temporary catatonia.

"Remember how I told you about what my brother and I were working on?" she said. "We speculated over the bomb being a distraction for something else. Which would be this. A robbery of the police evidence lockup." She waved her hand around. "In here are millions of dollars in cash as well as drugs and guns taken from a huge raid my brother oversaw-"

Dominic raised his hand halting her stream of words. "Taylor, you're telling me that instead of being in a weird-smelling gym doing normal teenage stuff you brought us to a place where a robbery is taking place?" He glared at her. "Are you serious?"

"I didn't do it intentionally."

Dominic buried his face in his heads looking worn out. "Why can't we let the police deal with this one?"

Clint folded his arms. "I agree. You're in no state to handle another crisis. It isn't a bomb, so let the police handle this."

Dominic scowled at Clint. "Don't agree with me, it makes me feel like I've said the wrong thing."

Taylor stepped forward, pulling their attention back to her. "Can we please just see what's going on? After that, I'll call my brother and he can deal with it."

Dominic and Clint exchanged a look before realizing they didn't want to agree on anything and focused on Taylor. With a resigned sigh, Dominic rose to his feet.

"Okay, but I'm not taking Gym Boy with us. Too much energy."

Before Clint could retort, Dominic took Taylor's hand and they were enclosed in silence.

"Let's get this over with," he said, leading her down the aisle.

The warehouse appeared to be a block long and they had arrived somewhere in the middle. Their footsteps made a strange tap tap on the concrete the only sound around them. When they reached the front of the warehouse, they stopped and Dominic's shoulders sagged.

"You got to be kidding me," he breathed out.

At one of the loading bay doors was a semi-truck with its back open and a crate already inside. A man drove a forklift carrying a crate that was massive enough to store Taylor, Dominic, and Clint while smaller boxes were being loaded up by thirty or so men. Each man was armed with a handgun or semi-automatic. They were all members of the Fitzpatrick crime family.

Taylor had been right. This was a robbery.

Off to one side were two unconscious police officers. Taylor hoped they were just unconscious. There was no sign of blood so she let herself believe they were still alive.

Dominic swore and turned around, tugging Taylor with him. Instead of making the trek back to Clint, she jumped them there. Dominic dropped the Time Stop, sinking to the ground. Clint glanced between the two of them.

"So?"

"It's a robbery," Taylor said. "They are loading everything up in a semi-truck and if we don't act now they will get away with everything."

"We can't let the police handle this one?" he asked.

Helpless, Taylor tossed up her hands. "No. They won't get here fast enough. Not with the bomb taking up most of the police force's attention."

Growling in annoyance, Dominic slumped onto the floor, covering his face. "This is insane."

"I know! But we can't let them get away. They might have called in other bomb threats to keep the police running around. We can't let more guns and drugs get back on the streets."