Ch. 75 I Told Him I Would Kill You

"What exactly happened in the ten minutes I was gone?" Shigaraki asked, reaching for my hand. "Weren't we on our way to somewhere more private?" he asked suggestively.

I took his hand and pulled him far enough away from other people so that others wouldn't hear us.

We were alone in a corner of the room; Shigaraki stood in front of me, his long cloak hiding both of us.

I didn't have my mask on anymore, and I definitely didn't have time for any reunions with my friends at the moment.

"What did you tell Shoto?" I demanded. "What did you make him agree to? Did you tell him you would hurt me if he didn't do what you said?"

Shigaraki's expression was blank. "I told him I would kill you."

"What the hell?" I searched his face for a sign that he was joking. I found none.

"Your quirk would normally make that sort of difficult," he continued, "but luckily mine seems to counteract that, since ashes can't heal themselves, right?"

It was the way he spoke so casually, so logically, as if I was the crazy one for not understanding.

"That's what makes us a good pair," he concluded. "But..." he shrugged his shoulders.

"You are insane."

"Did you realize that before or after I put severed hands on your naked body?"

"I told you that was creepy!"

"Anyway, I don't want to hurt you. But I also have to keep in mind the greater good."

"The greater good? Listen to yourself for just a minute! This is crazy."

But he wasn't listening to me anymore. Shigaraki was too busy looking at his phone.

Without looking up from the phone, he asked, "Think you can stay out of trouble for a couple minutes? Go outside since you don't have your mask on anymore. I'll come find you."

"Huh? What? No. I'm not going to let you – "

"Let me what?"

I realized my back was against the wall and all of his attention was suddenly on me.

"You won't let me what?" he asked again.

Shigaraki's red eyes peered down at me and for maybe the first time, he frightened me.

"I'll go outside," I said.

Shigaraki quickly smiled. "Great choice. See you soon."

With that, he vanished into the party.

If he thought I wasn't going to follow him, he was even crazier than I thought.

--

Shinso and Kaminari looked at each other as their phones beeped at the same time. They knew what this meant.

Aizawa had sent the code phrase out to everyone – "Black Dawn." The League was there.

They saw Bakugo stomping across the main floor downstairs so the two of them took off, racing down the stairs to join him.

"Hey!" Shinso shouted at him. "Wait up!"

"There's no time to talk, morons. Go watch your posts!"

Catching up to him, Shinso noticed how dirty Bakugo looked, his white shirt black in places. "What's happening?"

Bakugo huffed, still walking, not bothering to stop. "Your girlfriend started a fight and now we're pretty sure the League is crashing the party."