Ch. 166 Payback's A...

"The bed is uncomfortable, the food sucks, everyone is annoying, and no one lets me be alone with you for more than five minutes. If they don't let me out of this place soon I'm going to lose my shit."

"Going to?" I asked as I watched him rip off the probes and monitors and toss them on the floor.

I had to admit that Katsuki was right that the hospital bed was incredibly uncomfortable for one person, let alone two, and there was no universe in which he was going to sleep on it while I was on the pull out sofa across the room.

They were keeping him there mostly for observation, making sure that everything I'd done to heal the stab wound stayed intact and that there weren't any infections. So far, everything had been fine and I was really hoping that he was going to be discharged today or tomorrow. It was already pretty late at night, so I was hoping that we'd get the word that tomorrow would be the last day.

My eyes lit up when a doctor came in to check on him, but as soon as it was clear that he wasn't telling us that Katsuki could go home, he was having none of it.

"If I'm not leaving, I don't really care what you're about to say!" Katsuki shouted at the doctor from his hospital bed. "No one lets me sleep in this damn place, so I'm going to take a nap and if you need to talk about something, you can tell her!"

"I'm sorry but I'm not allowed –"

Katsuki put on headphones and rolled over, apparently ending the conversation.

I was pretty sure that the hospital wasn't going to survive a fourth day of keeping him here, so I hoped the doctor had come to give us good news and a discharge date.

"Well, he seems to be feeling better," the doctor said, tapping his clipboard.

"Yeah...."

"I'm so sorry," he said, looking at me apologetically, "but I'm not allowed to go over medical information with anyone other than immediate family."

"Fine!" Katsuki suddenly rolled over and shouted. "Then she's my wife."

"Um. Your wife?" asked the doctor, obviously skeptical. "I don't think that's in your file, and you guys are a little young... He's your husband?"

"Him? No..." But then I saw the stern look on Bakugo's face. "I meant to say, there's no way that he isn't my husband. My loving husband. That is exactly what he is. Totally. My darling husband, whom I love, and have loved for these past... months? years?.. this unspecified length of time that we've married."

"Stop talking," he grumbled. "She'll fill me in later, but right now I'm going to sleep," he told the doctor before rolling back over and cranking up the music in his headphones.

The doctor tapped his clipboard again and cleared his throat. "Well. Okay... all I was going to say was that he seems to be healing fine. We need to schedule a follow up appointment with plastic surgery, if he wants. There are no internal injuries, but he might have a scar."

"Oh, I'll take care of that."

"You'll... Oh, right. You're the one who helped him?"

"I'm not sure how much I help him with anything, but I healed the wound initially."

"Not many people would have survived an injury like that. He should be very grateful to you."

"Grateful, huh... Hey," I said, poking Katsuki. "Did you hear that?" He didn't move, so I poked him again before I heard the soft little snores. He was asleep.

"Regardless, what you did is amazing," the doctor said quietly to not wake him up. "Is your school training you to work in hospitals? I'm assuming you're going to medical school eventually?"