Ch. 106 Drinks

We hadn't made it very far when Shigaraki looked at his phone and then back at me, frowning.

"Why does this always happen? I'm afraid play time's up. Duty calls." 

"Is it Overhaul?" I asked, looking around, wondering where he might be and if he knew I was here. 

"Don't you worry about that," Shigaraki said, patting my head. "Dabi's here somewhere, probably back in the VIP area by now. I told him you'd be here but text him so he can meet up with you. Stay back there and out of trouble. Don't follow me like last time."

"Dabi's here?" My whole body lit up hearing Dabi's name.

"Don't act too excited. I won't be gone long and then I'll come back over there to collect you. We aren't finished here."

"Talk with Overhaul, please.  About Shinso."

Shigaraki narrowed his eyes at me. "I'm starting to get jealous," he said as he picked up the charm around my neck, pulling it and me toward him. "Do you need to be reminded about who is in charge here?" 

"No.."

"Good."

As soon as he was gone, I felt in my pocket and realized quickly that I had left my phone back where we'd been sitting.

Damn it. I walked quickly back to the VIP area but without Shigaraki, the bouncer didn't want to let me in. I didn't see Dabi anywhere either. 

"I just need to get my phone," I told the bouncer. "Give me two seconds."

He looked me up and down, obviously trying to decide what to do with me. "Fine. Go quickly."

I pushed through people over to where we'd been sitting, but a quick glance at the tables told me that it wasn't there.

The phone must have fallen under the couches somewhere, but there was no way to gracefully get on the floor in this dress to look for it. Worst case scenario, it was in between couch cushions and I definitely didn't want to go digging in those.

I was standing there, debating what would be the least disgusting way to get on the floor and look, when I heard a voice behind me.

"How much?"

I turned around to see a tall man, probably mid to late twenties, with a drink in his hand.

"Excuse me?" I asked. I was pretty sure I had heard him correctly, but surely this guy hadn't just asked me that.

"How much?" he repeated, coming closer, close enough that I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "An hour should be enough."

"Sorry, you have the wrong idea. I'm just looking for my phone."

"Do you mean this one?" he asked, holding up my phone in his hand.

"Yes!" I said reaching for it.

"Ah, not so fast," he said, bringing it just out of my grasp, a grin on his face. "Shouldn't I get a finder's fee or some kind of reward?"

"No. Can you give me back my phone now?"

"If you give me something else. Come on, I said I'll pay."

I felt a firm hand on my lower back. I jerked around, ready to hit someone, but instead I smiled when I saw him.

"She said no," Dabi said, his other hand holding a small blue flame. "Hand it over and get lost."

Taking one look at Dabi, the guy handed my phone to him and angrily stomped away.

"Dabi!" I jumped onto him and he picked me up, hugging me tight around my waist and walking away with me. He carried me over to a side area where we were mostly alone before putting me down slowly, keeping me close.