Ch. 82 Party Part 2

Dabi's grin was white in the darkness.

"Walk with me a little bit," he said. "No one will even know you're gone."

"Dabi, did you follow me here?" I asked, looking around the alley to see if anyone else was out there that might see us. Grabbing his shirt, I pulled him down the alley so that we would be farther away from the door in case someone came out.

"Come on, princess," Dabi growled, obviously enjoying me putting my hands on him. "If you didn't want me to find you, why do you still have the phone Shigaraki gave you?"

The phone. Of course. It was a good thing it was dark outside so he couldn't see me blush. I knew I should have dumped it the first chance I had. I just hadn't gotten around to that yet. I needed a phone and... well... I didn't really have any other excuse.

"You're tracking my location through the phone," I said.

"I'm not, actually. But there's this blue haired guy I know who is a little obsessed, and he told me you were here. You should have seen how mad he was when we got back to the hideout that night."

"Shigaraki knows I'm here? I'll turn off the location settings right now."

"And yet, princess, for some reason, you haven't done that before now..." Dabi mused. "Why might that be?"

"Dabi," I said, ignoring his question, "is Shigaraki on his way here? If he is, I need to go back and tell that room full of heroes to go home."

"Do you want him to be?" Dabi asked playfully. "I feel like I should be offended that me by myself is not enough for you."

"Oh, you're enough."

"But then again," he smirked as he came closer, his body looming over mine, "you did seem to enjoy having more than one man at a time if I remember correctly."

I felt the heat returning to my cheeks as he backed me up against the wall.

"And how could I forget?" he asked.

"I am different now!" I insisted.

Dabi smiled down at me. "Some things don't change, princess."

"Anyway," I said, looking away. "Why are you here? Other than to flirt with me."

"That goes without saying."

"Of course. So why now?"

"Toga and Twice have been doing some overtime. The hand man has loaned them out to a rival as a sign of peace or some shit."

"Okay, and what does that have to do with me?"

"You're a hot topic of conversation at the moment at this second job of theirs."

"Are you serious? I really don't want to be a topic at all anymore. I'm going to be different from now on. I'm keeping to myself. I'm starting school again. Dabi, tonight I even opened a book."

"A book, huh? I'm impressed. How long did that last?"

"I didn't finish the first page," I admitted.

Dabi laughed. "Sounds about right. So you're turning over a new leaf. You're going to be an actual good girl. I'll believe that when I see it. Did your brainwashing friend have something to do with that?"

"Maybe."

"I figured. I saw how he looked at you. How Overhaul got your friend on his team is another interesting conversation people are having."

Dabi knew. He knew Shinso was working for Overhaul. But apparently he didn't know why.

"Mm mmm," I nodded, trying to avoid his eyes.