Ayman's POV

I've been planning this for ages! The thought all started when I visited my in laws the day before uncle Yaqub passed away. I knew when I hugged him that day, that something major was going to happen. It was almost as if he was saying goodbye. That day I had brought Uncle Yaqub an Islamic book and Aunty Yasmin knitting yarn, because she loves knitting as a pass time.

I had only planned to briefly pop in and pass the things that I had brought them. But uncle Yaqub insisted that I stay for a while and have a chat. The conversation naturally turned to Ahlam and Uncle Yaqub had began telling me that her dream is to go to Umrah. And that he had never been able to make that dream of hers come true, because he had always been busy with work.

I had brought us both tickets to Umrah and we will be going inshallah inshallah, within the next month! For two weeks. I have booked Umrah for the Easter holidays, this is a perfect time as both of us can enjoy our time in the holy land, inshallah without having to worry about work. Although it is recommended to always use inshallah as part of our vocabulary some of us forget to use these words. In Surah Kahf there is an ayah regarding saying inshallah. "And never say of anything, 'indeed I will do that tomorrow', except when adding, "if Allah wills". (Quran 18:23)

I just needed to come up with a way to surprise Ahlam with the tickets. Today is Friday, Ahlam usually gets back from work before me because she works in an Islamic school, they finish  school early on Friday because of Jummah. Ahlam usually has dinner prepared when I get back from work, so I thought it would be a good idea if I place the tickets in the cutlery drawer as a surprise.

The time for Jummah had commenced, I had roughly ten minutes to deliver the khutbah and then twenty five minutes to lead the jamaat. This was the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It has been narrated in the Hadith "Prolonging the prayer and shortening the Khutbah indicate one's religious understanding. So prolong the prayer and shorten the Khutbah". (Muslim).

The boys started filing into the prayer room, there was always more people present for the Jummah prayer. Today in the khutbah I was going to discuss a powerful Quranic verse which will Inshallah, inspire the youth to come closer to Allah Swt.

I decided to begin the Khutbah.

"As - salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu". I was going to begin with the khutbat-ul-hajjah. "Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, the One, having no partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger".

"Today I want to discuss a powerful Quranic verse with you guys, from Surah Ra'd Bismillah,

My dear brothers in Islam, this verse highlights that Allah Swt does not change a person unless YOU! Are willing to take that step and make a change

My dear brothers in Islam, this verse highlights that Allah Swt does not change a person unless YOU! Are willing to take that step and make a change. There are many, many verses in the Quran which discuss Allah Swt rahmah. All it takes is one small step, ask Allah Swt for guidance.

The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (Quran 3:185). Although you guys are young, make it a habit of incorporating Salah full time, it is only going to benefit you in the Akhirah, this is Fardh upon us. This life is temporary, you blink and it's over. A few months ago my father in law passed away, he was only forty four. This is no age to pass away, many Muslims think it's okay we will repent when we are old. But the reality of the situation is that death is inevitable and can occur at any age. Young or old!

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "A prostitute had once been forgiven. She passed by a dog panting near a well. Thirst had nearly killed him, so she took off her sock, tied it to her veil, and drew up some water. Allah forgave her for that." (Sahih- Al Bukhari)

This Hadith is a clear indication that Allah Swt is the most merciful and forgiving. There is also an ayah in Surah Zumar which discusses the mercy of Allah Swt. "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves by sinning, do not despair of the mercy of Allah Swt". (Quran 39:53).

Allah Swt does not need us, however we need him more than ever within every aspect of our lives. For indeed this life is only a test. We have been reminded this time and time again throughout the Quran. Now to conclude this khutbah, a question for you to dwell upon is what are you going to do, to become a better Muslim".

I was getting ready to pack my bag to go home, I still had no texts or calls from Ahlam I wonder if she had spotted the tickets yet. I began driving home, it was only a short drive before I had made it home.

Before I even put the key in the door, it swung open to reveal Ahlam's beautiful face streaked with tears. As I walked a little closer she launched herself at me. "Ohh my goshh!! I don't think you understand how long I've been waiting to visit Makkah. I love you soooo much! You make me soooo happy". Ahlam sobbed against my chest.

                                        ***

Our dreams had actually come true Alhamdulilah, we had completed our Umrah yesterday and today is our second day in Makkah. I cannot explain what we are feeling right now. I feel absolutely overwhelmed with emotions. I'm soo happy that I got to experience Umrah for the first time with Ahlam by my side. 

We were sat here at Tahajjud prayer, I could hear Ahlam crying in sujood, we have been trying for months however, we're still not pregnant. I know Ahlam doesn't talk to me much about it but I know that she's hurting. Sometimes I feel like she's being selfish, like I know we want a baby desperately but on the other hand, there's people who have been waiting for the day for over twenty years to hear that they are pregnant. All I can pray is that May Allah swt grant her sabr. I know she's desperate to experience motherhood, but Allah Swt is the best of planners there may be some wisdom in him making us wait.

We had finished praying Tahajjud, "Ahlam come shall we go see the black stone, there are no people there right now it's going to be a struggle later when there's herds of people". "Yeahh! Let's go now! I'm really excited did you know there is a Hadith which is narrated by Ibn Abbas : The Messenger of Allah said about the (Black) Stone: "By Allah! Allah will raise it on the Day of Resurrection with two eyes by which it sees and a tongue that it speaks with, testifying to whoever touched it in truth." (Tirmidhi)

"Yes my love, I have read that Hadith inshallah on the day of judgement it will testify for us! On the day of reckoning which will be over fifty thousand years long. May Allah swt make us among the righteous.

I not only want to be with you in the Dunya, but I want to be holding your hand in Jannah. In Surah Zukhruf there is an ayah which discusses spouses and Jannah. "Enter paradise, you and your spouse rejoicing". (Quran 43:70). My ultimate goal in this dunya is to please Allah Swt and be reunited with you in paradise.

Authors Note :

01/01/21 💕 May Allah Swt make this year better than the one which has passed inshallah. P.s I know none of you guys personally but if your Deen is not steadfast make this year, the year that you better yourself as Muslims. The pandemic has shown us the fragility of life and how Allah Swt can take us at any moment. We are all sinners on this earth however Allah Swt mercy is one which cannot even be questioned so take that step and watch your life change for the better.

Today is Friday go read Surah Kahf! It will only take 40 minutes max if you are a slow reader like me 🤣🤣.

Vote? 🤷‍♂️

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz 💕