Ayman's POV

It was finally Friday I'm exhausted from marking books and a week full of moody teenagers. I had planned all of my lessons for the following week which means I can spend the weekend relaxing and spending time with Luqman, Afiyah, mama and baba.

Today is Friday which means that me and my family visit our local Islamic institution, it's really beneficial as it helps us gain more Islamic knowledge. "Guys! Hurry up we're going to get late, I find it extremely cringe walking into the hall when all the people are sitting there.

We had finally made it to the Islamic class, me and baba took a seat towards the front of the hall, there wasn't much people present today usually the hall is almost full with people. Today's topic was about marriage and the Islamic way of going about marriage and getting to know your potential spouse. I wish more of teenagers visit these Islamic classes because it would teach them the right way of going about things instead of committing haraam and then getting married years after being in a haraam relationship.

Personally I find our Pakistani / Desi culture is rather toxic if I'm honest not all families are the same but there's a small minority which are  not open to change. Big deal if your son or daughter wants to marry a person of a different culture as long as their deen is on track and they are on the right path, it is actually prohibited in Islam to delay marriage if a suitable match is found for your child.

As you can see in Hadith number 171, marriage must not be delayed if a suitable man has asked for your daughters hand in marriage

As you can see in Hadith number 171, marriage must not be delayed if a suitable man has asked for your daughters hand in marriage. Inshallah when I become a father one day! I aspire to be the best dad ever, If Allah Swt blesses us with daughters I want them to be able to talk to me about anything with no boundaries, because when the time comes for them to get married I want them to come and speak to me first, rather than committing haram and then coming to talk to me about it. If the man is suitable for her I would have no objections!

I turned my head to see baba talking to Uncle Yaqub, he's such a lovely, kind hearted man. We usually meet in the mosque a few days a week because of him being a doctor and and the long shifts, he prays salah at the hospital prayer room hence why we see him so little at our local mosque. I have known Uncle Yaqub ever since I was a little boy, he has always treated me like a son he talks very little about his family all I know is that he has a daughter who is a little younger than me.

The Islamic class was over baba, uncle Yaqub and I left the hall to put our shoes on and say our goodbyes. As I was putting my shoes on I looked to see a woman placing Luqman into the car she turned to hug my sister Afiyah, I kept chanting in my head Ayman lower your gaze, lower your gaze. I just couldn't take my eyes of her. Astagfirullah I internally scolded myself and bowed my head in shame.

Baba and I hugged uncle Yaqub and said goodbye. Inshallah we will meet again next week, by the will of Allah Swt.

Authors Note :

How was it guys?
Comment and let me know!

Vote? 🤷‍♂️

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz 💕