We're Gonna Die

"We're racing each other, but for now let's team up and form a path" A student called, and explosion sounded as Bakugo quickly lifted himself up through the air with his quirk. Soon to be joined by other of our class members. We had set off together, 'Why aren't we using me?' he picked up a bit of robot that Todorki had managed to break off "Because I need to show I can do something!" Suddenly he hit one of the robots behind us with it, I didn't even sense the robot was there. He kept hold of the piece as he continued running, suddenly robots were exploded and I moved my gaze, Momo had formed a canon that had shot them all down. The path was clear, and we began to run again, the next obstacle was a bunch of small islands connected by thin rope. We cleared it by Deku crawling from it hanging upside down, as I crawled on top of the wire, making sure not to step on his hand 'It would be quicker if I-'

"Ember I got this!"

We were running once again, and listened to an announcement of the next obstacle 'land mines' "Someone's already reached the last obstacle"

'we would too if I could just help' he stopped and looked out at the field the metal scrap still in his hand. "This isn't over yet" He dug the scrap into the ground "Hold on ember" He moved so I was on his stomach, one hand protecting me the other holding onto the scrap. Suddenly he slammed us down and we flew through the air, I cheered as we overtook Bakugo and Todoroki. "I flew over them like how I planned, but I don't know how to land" the two both moved to catch up to us. He held onto me tightly as we began to spin in the air, "You've gotta hold on" I looked at him and nodded, turning into my human form I clutched on. He used both hands to bring down the scrap as he slammed it to the ground, taking out both Bakugo and Todoroki. He rolled where I pushed him to his feet, moving to sit on his shoulders again as we ran, Todoroki and Bakugo both fought to catch up with us again. I watched from behind the wind blowing through my hair 'This is way to close Deku' he grunted pushing himself more.

"The winner of the race is!" There was a pause "Izuku Midoriya! And his quirk Ember!" the crowd fell into an uproar of cheer, as Deku fought to catch his breath, I moved my gaze up tapping him. He looked up to see All Might clapping at him fighting to hold in his tears the pair both smiled at each other, he began to cry, and I moved my tail to cover his face. As the class all began to pile back into the arena, we heard a familiar, yet worn out, voice "Deku" it was Ochaco "That was amazing! You got first place, I'm jealous!" he covered his face hiding his blush.

I stared down at him squinting my eyes, what's the deal with him? We could've been winning that from the start with me, but he refused to use me every time. I moved my gaze up to All Might, his gaze moved to mine, did he say something? My gaze moved to Aizawa who was beat up badly and bandaged, my thoughts going back to when I was being smashed into the concrete, the look on Deku's face when I was. I moved my gaze to him, is he worried about me?

"The first challenge for the first years is over!" Midnight announced, "Let's take a look at the scores" The scores played on the screen, revealing where everyone came. I smiled as we stood at the top of the leader board. "Now the real fun is about to begin, a chance to move yourself into the limelight" she smiled "The next challenge" The screen appeared behind her again "Cavalry battle!" she began to explain it, explaining the scores. "The score value for a person in first place is! Ten Million!" Deku was listening intensely till then. "Ten Million?" He muttered his voice high pitched and laced with fear. Everyone gazed at the two of us like we were prey, and them the predators, I shrunk behind his shoulders as he had to endure it all. 'Deku' he nodded his head 'We're gonna die' He nodded his head once again.

"You ready? Now make your teams!" Everyone all seemed to move away from us in an instant, Deku moved to try to make teams but ultimately, we failed "Hey Deku!" Uraraka called out "Lets team up!" We both cheered in happiness