I'm Sorry

All Might and Deku both stood at the side of Embers bed, Recovery Girl speaking "I don't want to kiss her because if this fight made her head injuries worse it would take out so much stamina that she'd be unconscious for almost a week" Deku nodded his head

"You can't blame yourself for this, the two of you both wanted to push Todoroki, you should be happy you reached your goal" All Might spoke next to him, hidden in his civilian form. Suddenly the door flew open "Ember!" Ururaka, Iida, Asui and Mineta all called, causing All Might to cough up blood in fright. Deku's gaze moved from All Might's to the group "Is she ok?" Ururaka stepped next to her, "Oh, it's nice to meet you sir" She nodded, and All Might turned sweat dripping down his face "Uh, yeah"

"She's in no state for visitors" Recovery girl spoke.

"Shouldn't you be watching the matches?" Deku questioned, Iida moved next to Ururaka, his glasses shinning in the light "The stage was far to damaged, they're taking a quick break to repair it now"

"That match was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life Midoriya" Mineta spoke the look of death clear across his face "No pros are gonna want you too, they'd want Ember and that's it" Suddenly Asui's tongue stuck to him "Now your just rubbing salt in his wounds" She spoke "Probably not a good time"

"You're much too noisy" Recovery girl moved to kick the students out "I know your worried by I gotta focus on surgery now"

"Surgery?!" The group called in fear

"Go on, get out of here"

"I'm sorry" I muttered, my gaze on All Might, he turned to me his gaze worried. "If I shut up and not said anything, I might've been able to beat him for us" Deku just grabbed my hand agreeing with the words falling from my lips. "But I-"

"You got Todoroki to realise something important" All Might spoke in a caring voice, his gaze on mine he moved to brush the hair from my face, as my eyes began to close again. "He looked so sad in the first match" Deku explained "I just focused on that, and I must've rubbed off onto Ember, whenever we were fighting, I was just so, so frustrated"

"It was obvious that Ember already had a tight bond with Todoroki, so you may not of persuaded her as such, but listen" All Might spoke "Meddling where you don't typically have to is the essence of being a hero" A tear fell from Deku's cheek.

All Might and Deku stepped down the corridor together "Hey All Might" Deku called coming to a stop "Hm?"

"Remember when you told me why you came to UA in the first place?" All Might's blue eyes gazed down at the boy "To find a worthy successor for one for all"

"Yeah"

"I put everything I had into the sports festival, but still there were other competitors who fought for the victory harder than I did" he paused "So why did you choose me when you first met me?"

"You're wondering why not someone else be my successor, yes?" Deku raised his posture then lowered it in defeat "Yes" He muttered.

"You speak the truth, this place is filled with incredible potential hero's, one for all is a crystallisation of power, it bolsters quirks." His gaze looked out at nothing but something at the same time "If young Todoroki had it, then he'd become an unbeatable hero"

"Then-"

"-you know" He cut in "I was quirkless too when I was a kid" Deku's eyes widened as he turned to look at him. His smile was still plastered on his face "Quirkless, seriously?"

"Back then, it wasn't as rare of a thing, but it was still out of the ordinary" All Might continued to explain, enthralling Deku's excitement. "You never told me that"

"Not my fault you never asked" He spoke his voice almost jokey, he held up his thumb "Which is honestly surprising"

"I just can't believe the number one hero was quirkless"

"It's true" All Might looked Deku from bottom to top "When I first met you I saw a little of me in you, but kid" He chuckled slightly "You've gone beyond my expectations, time and time again." He looked at him "One day you'll do incredible things with one for all" he smiled "That's something both me and Ember truly believe" Deku's eyes shone brightly at his words.

"You planned-" He paused and nodded his head "I'll do my best" He spoke as if his eyes were holding back a roaring tsunami. "Anyway, the sports festival isn't over yet, go get out there and don' miss the end"

"Right" He began to run away, and All Might watched smiling till he turned his face frowning, thoughts of his promise to Ember flashing through his mind.

"Come on, you knew I wouldn't stay with Deku till the end" He words echoed through his head and he looked towards the door where she lay asleep, walking towards the room. He closed the door and Recovery girl looked up at him "I have a strange favour to ask of you" he stood next to Ember "Make her sleep for a week" Recovery girls eyes widened.

"But Midoriya, won't-" She stopped laughing suddenly "The two of you planned this" All Might nodded his head, she sighed and looked towards the girl "I don't really know what we'll do when she wakes, but Deku can use my power now" Recovery girl nodded her head and then moved to kiss Ember. The kiss was symbolistic, and the room fell silent as they stared down at her.

Deku was watching the show, when the bandaged up Aizawa moved to where he was sat sitting next to him he leaned in slightly "Ember's been put asleep" He muttered "This isn't your fault, she wants you to work on your new found quirk" Aizawa explained, Deku didn't say anything his face was just pained and he looked down at his hand squeezing it. Realising the talk with All Might earlier was to tell him to take his quirk, Deku looked up at Aizawa "I'll do it for her, she'll see how cool I am when she wakes up!" Deku cheered. Aizawa smiled before moving to pat him on his head "Don't you have to go back up there and narrate the games?"

"Shut up" Aizawa spoke and Deku turned looking out at the match in front of them.

A couple weeks had passed from when Ember was put to sleep, Deku was walking through the hall humming to himself softly "Going to see Ember?" He turned at the polite voice, it was Todoroki Deku nodded his head. Todoroki looked down and then tried to find a way to ask to go with him "You wanna come?" he offered, the boy with the 2 toned hair smiled and nodded his head.

They opened the door and moved towards where the curtain was shut at, "Good afternoon Ember" Deku called pulling back the curtain. The boys both stared at the bed in surprise, it was just a bed with a white sheet tucked neatly in 4 corners. "Ember?" Deku muttered his gaze then moving to the open window, he let out a loud sigh and shook his head turned away. Todoroki looked at him confused "Where is she?" Todoroki questioned, he was completely clueless

"She's afraid of commitment" Deku spoke softly "She's gone"