Mission

I woke up to the sound on my alarm going off. 4:30am flashed in red on the clock. Today was the day. I changed into some leggings and an athletic shirt and get to the kitchen. Apparently I was the last one up. Everyone sat quietly around the room.

I made some toast and sat down myself. I ate in silence. Every now and then I would look and see Steve sitting my the window, looking out. I couldn't help but smile. Once I finished I cleaned my dishes and went to the gym. There I stretched and did a few laps around the track ring.

To finish up I used the punching bag and then went to the firing range. I picked up a small handgun and shot ten bullets into the targets. All hitting the red, bullseye.

After firing another few round I heard the doors open. Tony walked in and waited for me to finish. "What do you need Stark?"

He walked closer to me, looking me up and down. "Please tell me that's not what you're wearing? That is like the least protective thing you could wear."

I rolled my eyes. "Well I don't have anything else so this is my best." I turned back towards the targets.

"I might have something."

I turned around and saw him proudly smiling. He started to walk away and I quickly put my things away and started to follow him. With a little pep in my step we walked to his lab.

We walked to the table in the center of the room, one of us on each side. He smiled and handed me a pendent. I raised an eyebrow. How was a pendent an upgrade? He saw my look and folded his hands in front of him. "Just put it on and then tap it."

I did as he said and I became enveloped in a pale grey fabric. Smart man. I smiled and looked down. "What's it made of?"

He pulled up his work and the design on a holographic screen. "The fabric has traces of a metal in them, should allow some of the bullets to bounce off. Cool right?"

I excitedly nodded my head. The dark white has a patterned silver streak running down the sides. It was truly beautiful and genius. I tapped the pendent again and the suit disappeared, leaving me in my leggings again.

"Now go finish getting ready we leave in 20."
"Thanks Tony."
He just smiled in response.

I jogged back to my room and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I was really going to do this. I was excited and scared. More scared then excited though. What if instead of winning, they got me again? These doubts plagued my head.

When I was done with that I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and then met everyone up on the roof. I hadn't put my suit on so I kinda looked like I was just going for a run. This might play to our advantage though.

Once everyone was on the Quinjet we took off. Too late to back out now. I sat next to Sam and he was able to suppress my doubts with his stories of other missions like this. This time was different, they had me.

We went over the plan, this wasn't just a destruction plan, it was also rescue. I had explained to the team that this was one of the facilities where they kept the young kids. We had to get inside, get the kids out, put all there information on a flash drive, get out, and then light it up.

We ran through the plan before we landed. When we landed it was almost 5am at the Hydra base. We landed about 20 minutes out from the shed entrance. I stayed in my training clothes with the pendent on my chest. The team stayed far behind me, careful not to be seen.

I took a deep breath and began jogging towards the shed. There were three men standing there guns slung across their chest. They looked confused as I ran closer. I acted as if I didn't see them until I was close enough.

"Uh excuse me gentlemen I seem to have lost my way can you point me towards the nearest town?" I spoke in Russian.

They all glanced at each other unsure of what to do. I heard the click on one of the guns and I turned towards them.

"No? Ok fine then."

All in one quick move i tapped the pendent on my chest and the suit enveloped me. I unarmed the man closest to me and hopped onto his shoulders. I grabbed the gun from the holster on my hip and swung from the mans shoulders shooting the other two guards before rotating myself on the third guard causing him to fall and allowing me to shoot him in the leg. Before anything else I grabbed their communicators and their guns as the rest of the team ran up behind me.

Sam runs up to me. "That's my girl." I smile up at him and we continue on. I used a small device i created to detect the tunnels beneath us. We didn't even bother to try using the tunnels, too many people that could be avoided. We followed to tunnel for 20 minutes until the building came into view. We had about 10 minutes until the change of the guards near the shed.

We regrouped and went over the rest of the plan quickly. Sam and I went to the south side of the building, while everyone else split into their groups and surrounded the building. A voice rang through our comms "Everyone in position? Ok here we go avengers."

My heart was racing and the adrenaline coarsed through my veins.

"3...2...1... Let's go!"