No

I think we all heard it at the same time. It was now about 11 am and we were still at the park. The sun was shining down on us all and we were still sitting around the fountain. Every now and then people would come up and ask for pictures but other than that, people just watched us from a far.

We were laughing. It seemed to stop abruptly as the beeping started to get more rapid. All conversation stopped as we tried to identify where it was coming from. I looked into Steve's eyes and saw worry.

Seconds later i'm blown at least a hundred feet away. I black out.

My eyes blinked opened. I was surrounded by ash and small fires. Peoples bodies were littered throughout the area. I couldn't hear anything except the ringing in my ears. Everything was happening in slow motion. I struggle to stand, falling several times before actually managing to stand. I couldn't see very well but everything was grey and I could see others starting to stand.

I stumble back towards the fountain, which was destroyed now. As I walk I see all the people on the ground and look to see just a few of my team members starting to stand. I had seen Tony, Nat, Clint, Thor and Bucky. I hadn't seen anyone else.

I trip over a piece of debris on the ground. My hands catch my fall but I still hit the ground. My head is cushioned by something on the ground. Curious I lift my head and look around.

My ears are still ringing but even through the ringing I can hear my heart fall. I let out a scream but I can't hear it. I let out a sob as I look down at this boy that I loved and grown up with. I stumbled around trying to gather myself. I reach for his neck and tried to feel for a pulse. There was a faint heart beat.

Tears streamed down my face. "ELI?! OH GOD PLEASE. NO!" My hearing is slowly coming back and I can hear faint sirens and the screams of others. "Please don't leave me E. I just got you back..." I whisper. His eyes flip open and I can see him take a deep breath. I breath and I stop. I felt as if I breathed I would lose him.

He smiled up at me and I tried to smile through my tears. "Hey E" I somehow manage to get out. He doesn't say anything, he just reaches up and cups my face. It's hard not to breakdown in that moment.

His body was mangled. There was blood everywhere and he was a mess. "Y/n?" he whimpers. I hated this but I nod. "Thank you"

I'm trembling as a hug him. He goes limp in my arms. "No" I breath in. "No god please E!" I let out a sob. "No no no.. I just.. I just got you back E... you can't leave.... I need you.." He doesn't respond. I check for a pulse again. It was gone.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let out a scream in agony, in pain, in sorrow. This couldn't be happening. I held him in my arms as police arrived on scene. I held him, this boy who was like my brother. I held him as they moved people around me. I held him as an officer tried to grab me and I used my powers to make him go flying. I held him, blank expression on my face now.

It didn't take long for more police to arrive. I couldn't stay. I felt numb. I lift Eli from the ground and carry him bridal style out of the park. I lock eyes with Tony as I walk out of the park. I carried him down the streets. There wasn't many people in the streets, they were too afraid of another bomb going off.

I reached the tower and push open the doors. The staff is rushing around in the lobby but I push past them. I had a goal. I walk into the elevator and press the button. The door closes and the ride up seems to take forever.

The doors open again to reveal an empty living room and kitchen. I fix my stance and walk into the room. I walk over to the large glass windows and sit against the wall adjacent to them. I finally let Eli rest in my lap. I look out the windows to see helicopters and emergency vehicles going to the park.

I held Eli's head and strokes his hair. I started to hum out song. It was an old nursery rhyme that my parents had sung to me when I was scared as a child. It was the only thing I remembered about them. I had taught it to Eli in the barn. A really bad storm had him worried, so we laid together and I brushed his hair and taught him my song. My song became out song.

I hummed through my cries. Eventually I stopped crying. I don't think it was possible to cry anymore. I stayed there humming and watching the streets. I knew who did this. I knew who did it and I was going to kill them. Each and every one of them. Slowly. Painfully.

The afternoon seemed to quickly progress to night as the sun went down. I stayed where I was the whole day. Humming and brushing.

The elevator doors opened again at 10. I didn't take my eyes off the windows. I could hear the scuffle of everyone's feet but I didn't care. It had been several hours since the explosion. I heard the footsteps grow closer. I felt a hand on my shoulder but I didn't turn.

"Y/n?"

I turn my head to see Sam staring down at me. Everyone else was right behind him. My face was dirty and tear stained. My hair was a mess and my once well put together outfit looked raggedy.

"Y/n... i'm sorry... we can't keep the body here... we have to take it somewhere to be examined and counted."

I look up at him, anger filled my eyes.

"No, no you can't."

Someone else pulls me out from under Eli. I watch as Thor lifts him. "NO! NO! STOP! STOP IT! PLEASE!!"

I look back and it's Steve who is holding me.

"Y/n... we need to.. i'm sorry"

The tears that I thought were gone come to my eyes.

"PLEASE!" I plead at Steve.

I look at everyone else and they just look at me with pity. They were all a mess as well. Bloody, caked in dirt, clothes torn, the smiles gone from their faces.

I watch as Thor walks away.

"NO GIVE ME HIM! GOD HES ALL I HAVE! NO!"

I look at all of them just standing as I plead.

"FINE! ILL JUST KILL ALL OF THE GOD DAMN HYDRA AGENTS! ILL KILL THEM ALL! THEY HAVE TO PAY! HE NEEDS JUSTICE! I KNOW IT WAS THEM!" I scream.

Nat looks at me with concern. "Y/n we don't know it was them. You can't just kill everyone. I know you're hurting-"

I step forward. "No you don't know! HYDRA HAS TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME! MY WHOLE LIFE THEY HAVE CONTROLLED ME! THEY KILLED MY PARENTS, ALMOST KILLED ME, KILLED ELI OR SO I THOUGHT! I JUST GOT HIM BACK AND THEY KILLED HIM AGAIN! HE DIED IN MY ARMS!"

By this point im pushing and punching into Steve.

"GOD- God- god dammit"

I crumple to the floor and sit on my knees sobbing.